PDA

View Full Version : First Few Projects

Spuddzilla
03-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Enjoying my first week of carving, minor issues that the forum search was able to resolve.

Thanks All.

John

rgant05
03-03-2007, 09:58 PM
John,
The pictures were a little bit small but looked good. Were the carvings of the dogs on plastic? What are the details of what you did?

Azbear
03-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Spud, where did you pick up the Mach I? I have been working on one for a month now and just can't seem to get it showing the detail you have shown? My pics are from my old "69" pics. Mind sharing your secrets to get the final result? I have also been working on pics of my dogs and same result. Not seeing the detail I see on you dogs.

Spuddzilla
03-05-2007, 04:23 PM
John,
The pictures were a little bit small but looked good. Were the carvings of the dogs on plastic? What are the details of what you did?

The limits on the size on the forum I could not upload any bigger pictures. If you pm me your email address I will send you a full size pic.

The carve was done on 1/4" solid surface plastic material.

Spuddzilla
03-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Spud, where did you pick up the Mach I? I have been working on one for a month now and just can't seem to get it showing the detail you have shown? My pics are from my old "69" pics. Mind sharing your secrets to get the final result? I have also been working on pics of my dogs and same result. Not seeing the detail I see on you dogs.

One thing I have learned is the depth of the carve is like cologne, less is more.

Turns out the 1/4 depth cut in the maple was to much, in the solid surface it was a 1/8 cut. Both projects used the 1/16" bit not he 1/8" bit.

I found the 69 mustang off of Google images.