PDA

View Full Version : Found screw on project.

DWD
03-02-2007, 06:02 PM
I found a screw laying on my project, and followed the instructions for removing the cover and found where it went. It was the right hand screw on the Z motor mount. I returned the screw without using loctite?

When I was putting the shaft back I realized I had not captured the little bushing. Pretty good chance my goat ate it cause I can not find it.

Bard or someone, what kind of result can I expect from using the machie without the bushing? is this one of the items we can purchase?.

BTW I also noticed there is a cover in the example covering the circuit board in the PDF. The machine in the PDF is a Craftman and there are several differences. Thank you in advance

Dan

The Bard
03-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Don't know what a "bushing" is, sorry. I agree though, do not use loctite or threadlock on that screw. There isn't much for it to grab onto in the first place. The plastic cover over the wires is mainly there to keep them straight, not to hold them in.

DWD
03-05-2007, 02:01 PM
The 'bushing' I am referring to is the small brass thing on the end of the shaft that goes into the Ztruck.

The Bard
03-05-2007, 02:11 PM
I think there is a duplicate post or something very similar I've posted in recently...