PDA

View Full Version : power loss

ekimnamyr
11-25-2014, 06:17 AM
I know there is a thread on this subject but cant locate it. So it finally happened to me ,Carving about done and power goes out. So to save the carve you need to put a carve region over the previous carved area and finish the carve, Ok when I do this it gives me a carve region but it still has depth, some of the carve showing thru carve region, Even though it has zero depth I can see that it still is not flat with board surface??? what am I missing here Thanks Mike

fwharris
11-25-2014, 09:47 AM
With out seeing your project it is kind of hard to say. When putting the zero depth carve region over the already carved area it should blank out the area. Make sure the region fully over laps all areas that have been carved.

ekimnamyr
11-25-2014, 12:28 PM
Thanks Floyd; Cant post the project says it is to large. But did play with it more and I got the carve region surface to be as flat as board , but it appears that some of the patterns are actually higher than the board surface ??? yea I know weird Make any sense to anyone ?

bergerud
11-25-2014, 01:14 PM
If patterns below have merge additive properties, the height of the "0.00" may be lowered. Hold the mouse over the region and see if z in the lower left corner of the screen reads 0.00. I bet not.

cestout
11-25-2014, 04:34 PM
Set your mask to zero depth and have it end just before you need to start your carve so it can feather int the already carved area.
Clint

ekimnamyr
11-26-2014, 03:07 PM
Thanks Berg This is probally the issue will ckeck it out tonight . If this is the case can the carve be saved ???? Thanks mike
If patterns below have merge additive properties, the height of the "0.00" may be lowered. Hold the mouse over the region and see if z in the lower left corner of the screen reads 0.00. I bet not.

bergerud
11-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Elements in a group do not apply their properties to objects outside the group. So, maybe grouping together the objects on the board will stop them from affecting the height of the 0.00 covering region. Save the file to another name before you experiment.

ekimnamyr
11-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Bergerud; Grouping did the trick Thanks so much Carve came out good!!!!!