PDA

View Full Version : Centerline and improvement made in newest versions of CW software?

Ton80
11-24-2014, 09:08 AM
I still haven't upgraded to 3.0 ( I'm still on 1.187 since it does everything I need it to ). I know there were supposed to be improvements to the Centerline algorithms and I would like to see if all the jaggedness of centerline goes away under 3.x and the Centerline improvements. Centerline text carved with the CW frequently has results which are not as clean as examples I see with other machines/software.

This is a screenshot of some text I will be carving as part of an upcoming order. The font is FUTURA Medium ( might be just called FUTURA on your system ). Could someone please post a screenshot of the SAME font as it looks using the latest version of Designer/Centerline?

Please use all caps and scale the text to 11.25" wide and remove the wood graining effect if you don't mind. I have two screenshots attached. One is from Designer showing the preview with all the jagged centerline results and the second screenshot is of the "M" glyph from FUTURA Medium showing that the actual glyph is very clean.

SteveNelson46
11-24-2014, 09:48 AM
Ton80,

Here is my example. The font is Fututa MD BT in Version 3. Mine is slightly better than yours but, still jagged. I don't know whether it's due to the font, screen rendering, or machining simulation.