PDA

View Full Version : CarvedArtStudio511

rmock
11-22-2014, 02:20 PM
We have opened our own ETSY shop
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CarvedArtStudio511?ref=hdr_shop_menu
We make custom carved plaques, Wedding & Anniversary plaques are our favorites.

CW-HAL9000
11-22-2014, 02:25 PM
Really nice, I hope you do well. Don't forget to put your shop and facebook on your signature for all the forums you take part in.

zan29
11-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Very nice work...........hope you make lots of sales!

Bigtyme
11-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Well done, rmock. Nice variety and very classy looking. I hope you do very well with it....

rmock
11-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the replies, My wife (Cheryl ) and I have had our Carvewrights for a couple years now. We appreciate all the support here on the forum and all of the help.

DickB
11-22-2014, 05:10 PM
Very nice pieces. I'd be changing double your prices.

Digitalwoodshop
11-22-2014, 07:41 PM
I agree, double your prices... Excellent work....

Nice collection of signs...

AL

rmock
11-22-2014, 07:57 PM
Thanks Dick & Al, we went back and forth with pricing for a long time, we really want to keep our stuff affordable for most people, we live in the rust belt and it's been pretty depressed here for a long time now, if we can make something nice for people and enjoy doing it then we have reached our goals

dehrlich
11-23-2014, 08:10 AM
I agree you should keep your pricing affordable. You have to make a choice... do you want to charge a lot and get a few orders or make it affordable and get a lot of orders. Maybe it's just me, I have had my store on Etsy for several months now and have only gotten a few sales. Lots of "favorites", lots of views but few sales. And my stuff is very affordable. I go to craft shows and get plenty of orders... people love my stuff and I do good work. I don't make a killing on anything but I make some. Most of all I am getting my name out there. People ask on Facebook in the local trading pages who does woodworking and I get recommended all the time. That to me is worth making less profit. As I get more established I can gently bump up my pricing and people will pay it. Basically for me, I want to have the work. Since I'm disabled and this is all I can do, I want to have something to do the few hours a day that I am able to work. The appreciation of the person when I deliver something that is above their expectation is my additional profit. Just my opinion, I got one like everyone :) Keep that sawdust flying, you are doing great work!

rmock
11-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Thanks for your input, keep at the ETSY site it just takes time. We do facebook also, we are just now starting to get more local orders, took about 6 months of putting posts out there.