PDA

View Full Version : Video: How To Make A Picture Frame

SteveNelson46
11-21-2014, 12:15 AM
I have made a short video on how to make a picture frame. Click on the link below to view it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0jR3LNRxqJeSzZhRHZuTnNKMmM/view?usp=sharing

I made a pattern of the front side of the frame and included a version made from the pattern.

Made entirely in version 1.187

t147
11-21-2014, 07:56 AM
Thanks Steve. Nicely done and appreciated.

Ted

Geomoo1
11-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Thanks Steve. Great presentation and I appreciate your time and effort.

dbemus
11-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Thanks Steve. Well done presentation, very informative. Great looking picture frame.

Dbemus

mikemi
11-21-2014, 07:46 PM
Thanks Steve,

Another great and informative tutorial.

Mike

Dale
11-22-2014, 12:10 AM
Thanks Steve. I learn something new on everyone of your videos!

SteveNelson46
11-22-2014, 09:41 AM
I have received a few private messages and most are asking the same questions. So, I'll just answer them here.

In the video I used Designer version 1.187, the "Sweep: Corner" tool which is part of the Pattern Modeling Suite (3D Advanced) and the "Path Offset " tool which is part of the Vector Drawing Suite (2D Advanced). You don't really need the "Path Offset" tool. It can be done by just using the rectangle tool and drawing successively smaller rectangles. The "Path Offset" tool just makes it easier. As a final result, I made a pattern of the front profile and used it to make a version of the project so anyone that does not have the 3D or 2D add-ons can still carve it.

I really hope you all enjoy the project files, pattern and video. You may use and\or modify them in any way you wish without any restrictions. I have not carved this specific project so if you carve it I would be interested in seeing a picture of the final results.

SteveNelson46
11-22-2014, 10:21 AM
For those who are interested in making picture frames, I made a rose picture frame and posted it a few months ago. Here it is again with a link to the video. You will need Designer version 3 or later to open it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0jR3LNRxqJednNLTF90Smp5S1U/view?usp=sharing