PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Ribbon Installation

sundog2001
03-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I need some advice on getting the keyboard ribbon cable through the narrow slot where the other cables are so I can connect it to the card reader device. I am concerned about damaging the ribbon or connector if I place too much force on it.

Thanks.

Art

sundog2001
03-03-2007, 02:32 PM
I forced the ribbon through the slot and it survived. Keyboard now works correctly.

Art

The Bard
03-03-2007, 03:15 PM
did we send you a replacement keypad or a controller? There should be no reason that was pulled out in the first place either way as it connects directly to the controller and the key pad and can be just disconnected from either without removing it.

sundog2001
03-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Yes, CW sent me a keyboard. However, after that phone call, I noticed a small nick in the ribbon cable so the next time I called, I mentioned this. A replacement ribbon cable was sent out. Replacing the ribbon cable fixed my keyboard malfunction so I won't be needing a new one.

I am returning the unused keyboard to CW next week.

The Bard
03-03-2007, 11:49 PM
all well and good then. Thank you for returning the bad part. Part of our lag in getting help out to some people was that so many kept their old parts so we had no stock to rebuild. Longterm consequences of that are still being felt.