PDA

View Full Version : Help with frame issue (pattern)

ekimnamyr
11-18-2014, 12:07 PM
I have made a frame going by MT tips &tricks On picture frame. The problem is that on two of the corners the 45bevels are not connected there is a crack in between where the boards would connect. They are on two corners only ( opposite ). Sure there is a simple of something I did wrong But it has me scratching the head Tried to post mpc but too large for forum site. Any help will be appreciated Thanks;

ktjwilliams
11-18-2014, 12:14 PM
I just made a bunch of frames for center pieces at a wedding ... It's much easier to cut the frames with a miter saw or a jig for the table saw .. I assume you were trying to have the CW do it for ya ... The CW has it's uses but somethings are just better done with other tools ...

ekimnamyr
11-18-2014, 04:42 PM
No I put a frame around a carving that that I made, Yes I agree that just for frames a miter or table saw is the ticket. Thanks

cestout
11-18-2014, 05:03 PM
Still might work better. leave a maybe 1/4" background around your carving and put a frame with a 1/4" rabbit around it and eliminate the end grain.
Clint

SteveNelson46
11-18-2014, 06:16 PM
I have made a frame going by MT tips &tricks On picture frame. The problem is that on two of the corners the 45bevels are not connected there is a crack in between where the boards would connect. They are on two corners only ( opposite ). Sure there is a simple of something I did wrong But it has me scratching the head Tried to post mpc but too large for forum site. Any help will be appreciated Thanks;

The Designer will make beautiful frames using the Sweep tools as long as they are about 14" wide or less.

henry1
11-18-2014, 08:12 PM
The Designer will make beautiful frames using the Sweep tools as long as they are about 14" wide or less.

you have it in the 3.0 can't open it

SteveNelson46
11-19-2014, 11:31 AM
you have it in the 3.0 can't open it

Sorry Henry. I thought you had Version 3

henry1
11-19-2014, 12:09 PM
Sorry Henry. I thought you had Version 3
Thank you for that , guest going to have invest in the 3D software coming soon its well appreciated