PDA

View Full Version : Transferring pattern file?

Bob Victor
11-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Not sure if this is the place to ask this question. Is there a way to transfer pattern file from one computer to another? I have used both licences on two laptops. I'm wanting to change my workshop laptop to a desktop. My pattern file has some that were purchased others from pattern sharing. I would think that patterns are in a folder within the software, but can not locate or not looking in the place. So before I deactivate my workshop laptop and free up an license, I would like to save what patterns I have. Any help would be appreciated.

SteveNelson46
11-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Not sure if this is the place to ask this question. Is there a way to transfer pattern file from one computer to another? I have used both licences on two laptops. I'm wanting to change my workshop laptop to a desktop. My pattern file has some that were purchased others from pattern sharing. I would think that patterns are in a folder within the software, but can not locate or not looking in the place. So before I deactivate my workshop laptop and free up an license, I would like to save what patterns I have. Any help would be appreciated.

They are in a file called "Favorites.mpn" usually located in "C:\Users\User Name\Carvewright"

lynnfrwd
11-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Make sure you REPLACE the favorites file. You never want more than one. (havoc)

Bob Victor
11-18-2014, 11:10 AM
Sent you a PM on your reply to my question.