PDA

View Full Version : Any deals/specials coming up?

karossii
11-08-2014, 02:13 AM
It seems to me that almost every purchase I've made, I always bought whatever it was a few weeks (or days) early or late for some special or another. I think once I got an actual deal - well, that's not true. I got a deal more than once, but a few of the deals were not quite as good as one I had just missed out on...so it didn't 'feel' like a special. And comparing what I paid for the various pieces of hardware and software I have, to the 'standard' prices of today... well it makes it feel that much less like I got any special deals!

I should theoretically have an influx of capital in the next week or two. here are the upgrades I am in need of, in order of my desire/importance; are there any specials coming up on any of them, that I should wait on for an extra few days or weeks?

Designer upgrade from 1.187 to 3.x ($300)
Rotary carving jig ($350)
Conforming Vectors ($50)
Various bits (including long bits) ($300ish)
Vector Drawing Suite ($200)
DXF importer ($200)
STL importer ($200)

...I know I recently missed out on a few special deals which included one or more of the above. But I just didn't have the money to take advantage of them at that time. And while I want all of the above yesterday (months ago, realistically), if it means a significant savings, I can make myself wait a short while on one or a few of the items. Also, right now I can probably only get about the first 3 or 4 items on the list; with one or more specials I might be able to get a few more!

I don't begrudge LHR making a profit. I've met several of the staff, and I like you guys (and gals), and I love your product. But I am unable to waste a single cent if I have the opportunity to save it! So if you can let me know of any upcoming specials, if there are any, on any of the above items... or hey, if you could work with me on a special bundle deal for a few of the items I need... I would greatly appreciate it!

fwharris
11-08-2014, 11:11 AM
I am sure there will be a Thanksgiving sale coming up, but can not (do not know) say when or what will be included. Joe does the sales promotions so MAYBE he can give a hint (a promo of future sales) on what might be coming up in the future...

ronboley
11-10-2014, 11:42 AM
I'm like Ken...if CW would have a sale on a bundle of stuff (like 20% off $500 0r $1000) I would be spending a $1000 or so as well...but that doesn't seem to happen with them....Enco, Grizzley, HF all seem to have 20% - 25% off sales from time to time...CW why not have a promotion like this soon before xmas and drain all our extra funds off before we spend it on something foolish....like a new band saw or metal lathe...

karossii
11-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Honestly, I'd love to see a make-your-own bundle style deal. pick any two items and get x% off. Any 3 items, and n% off. etc.

Or instead of the number of items, a % based on the total spent. 5% off any purchase up to $100, 10% off any purchase from $100 to $500, 15% off any purchase over $500, etc.

Because in recent months, barring one special that was run, everything I wanted was always bundled with something I'd already bought.

sunmiztres
11-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Honestly, I'd love to see a make-your-own bundle style deal. pick any two items and get x% off. Any 3 items, and n% off. etc.

Or instead of the number of items, a % based on the total spent. 5% off any purchase up to $100, 10% off any purchase from $100 to $500, 15% off any purchase over $500, etc.

Because in recent months, barring one special that was run, everything I wanted was always bundled with something I'd already bought. I agree! When ordering a bunch of things there should be some kind of incentive. People would buy more and therefor LHR would make more. To sell more Designer 3 a good one would be Buy Designer 3 and receive a percentage (20%) off any other software program. I bet a lot of people who have not bought Designer 3 yet would to take advantage of this deal.

karossii
11-16-2014, 04:49 PM
That is actually a great idea. I know I would love to see that deal!

sunmiztres
11-22-2014, 03:43 PM
I am sure there will be a Thanksgiving sale coming up, but can not (do not know) say when or what will be included. Joe does the sales promotions so MAYBE he can give a hint (a promo of future sales) on what might be coming up in the future...

Joe Any promotions coming up. It would be nice to know before the sale. Will their be any Black Friday deals? Thats is the best day for the best sells. Would love to hear about it now so I can tell my friend who is thinking about getting a CW about it before he spends all his money somewhere else. :)

edsingletary
11-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Im still waiting on the 99 dollar special on Sculpture. Come on Connie use your corporate leverage.

lynnfrwd
11-22-2014, 09:22 PM
Don't hold your breath. Most ppl on here know it takes quite a while for new items to be put on sale. Right now we are offering those who haven't upgraded a path to do so at a discount. Our store limits us on how we do our sales. The gift certificates add a little extra. We will be adding things on sale up until Christmas, but don't call me if we put something on sale the day after you bought it. I can't help you. Sign up for the newsletters, so you'll be in the know.

ronboley
11-25-2014, 09:31 PM
OK I asked for a sale and CW came out with the Thanksgiving specials....20% off Designer 3.101, 10% off most everything else....and whoh, added 5% if you buy gift cards....hmmmm...and I was just about to foolishly spend all my cash on a new Grizzley 3hp, 19" band saw....

So if you buy gift cards and then spend them on sale items you get 15% (+) off....not the 20% coupon on everything I was hoping for but close enough...now I'm much poorer but software rich....Designer 3.101, Pattern 3D, Vector Drawing 2D, Conforming Vectors, Rotary Jig, Long Bit, and even Pattern Sculptor...whoooee...

karossii
11-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Yes, I've already taken advantage of these offers as much as I can - and might be getting a few more items in the next day or two! I upgraded designer, got the rotary jig, and a few bits and software upgrades. I am very thankful to LHR for having these combined specials; finally at a time when I could afford to take advantage of them!