PDA

View Full Version : Completed Projects

BobC33
03-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Here is a small sample of completed projects and 1 to complete while I am still waiting for my bit order (Jan 19th) then I can do more and make them look a lot better with borders.

Sarge
03-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Excuse my language...............Damn! Looks like somebody has read, understood and followed the operating instructions. No problems or glitches??? Very crisp and clear. Good Job!!!

BobC33
03-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Excuse my language...............Damn! Looks like somebody has read, understood and followed the operating instructions. No problems or glitches??? Very crisp and clear. Good Job!!!

No just had good luck so far with no problems...the machine is living up to it's name....but i still keep my fingers crossed though (just in case).

Azbear
03-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Bob C33,

How did you get the font so clear. I usually get frustrated when carving is completed as it does not look like the designer pic. Is this designer font? Depth/heogth settings? Please share you secret.

Kenm810
03-02-2007, 06:48 AM
Great carvings – Very impressive

A question please – what type or species of wood did you use for the ticket in your last photo of the set?

Ken

BobC33
03-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Great carvings – Very impressive

A question please – what type or species of wood did you use for the ticket in your last photo of the set?

Ken

The wood I used for the ticket was Aspen. As for the previous question the font is from my fonts called Parry Hotter and the depth was .125 and height was 200. I choose this font because I like using script fonts they look better then just plain fonts. Besides I am no expert just a hobbyist trying to make some cool things with this great machine. I am still on a learning curve but I prefer to do wood projects with photos just trying to find the right wood and picture to go with it.

forqnc
03-02-2007, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=BobC33;16072]The wood I used for the ticket was Aspen. As for the previous question the font is from my fonts called Parry Hotter QUOTE]

Do you mean Harry Potter?

BobC33
03-02-2007, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=BobC33;16072]The wood I used for the ticket was Aspen. As for the previous question the font is from my fonts called Parry Hotter QUOTE]

Do you mean Harry Potter?

No, it is called Parry Hotter, can't remember where I got it. Guess it's a take on Harry Potter but I thought the font looked cool.

forqnc
03-02-2007, 12:15 PM
No, it is called Parry Hotter, can't remember where I got it. Guess it's a take on Harry Potter but I thought the font looked cool.

It does and I found it here http://www.fontfinder.ws/6848/Parry-Hotter.html :cool: Thanks

Another question where do you save fonts to get access to them?

Skyhawk
03-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Another question where do you save fonts to get access to them?

If you are running Windows, the easiest way to add a font to your system is through the 'Control Panel' which is located under the 'Start' button...

Start by saving the font in an easy to locate area (Desktop works well) In the control panel click the Fonts icon, which will open the fonts folder. Simply drag the font from it's saved location into this folder and it will appear in the list.

Things to note:
1. Adding a lot of fonts will slow your machine down (may take hundreds)
2. You may need to restart Designer if it was running while you copied the font in.

I'm not sure how this is done on a MAC...

-Jim

BobHill
03-02-2007, 01:12 PM
One of the additional things that make CorelDraw a true winner and that other vector/software programs don't have is a library of Hundreds of TrueType/Open face fonts AND Font Navigator, which is the ability to install all those fonts onto your system, but then only choose a few to be active at any one time.

As previously indicated, the more fonts you have the slower your system becomes when loading, as each program has to load them. Also it chews up a lot of your system memory. One should NOT install and have active over 100 to 150 fonts at any one time. With Font Navigator, you can from the quick start icon, activate or deactivate any one or number of fonts with a click of a button.

AND, although it's part of the CorelDraw package, this is independent of have to be in CorelDraw at the time.

When you use a special font (such as a fancy Old English or script font), in CorelDraw, you have the option to include THIS font with the image file. That means that if I send someone who has CorelDraw (any version) a vector file that includes this font, but that person doesn't have that font, the other person opening that file WILL get it as I created it... font and all. The font gets installed on THEIR system during the time that file is opened on their system, so full editing can be done to that file by the person I sent the file to (this is legal, bye the way). Panose doesn't become an issue.

The only other program that I know of that can do that is Adobe Acrobat (full version).

The font issue often comes into play when text is included (as text) with a MPC file from one system to another system. If, however the vector image (including) text is converted into a raster (JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF) to be imported into Designer, and it's done in the vector program (such as CorelDraw, Xara, Illustrator), then of course the font is now not actually text, but part of the raster image itself, so it'll look as it was designed with the font that was used by the originator.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

forqnc
03-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks Skyhawk and BobHill for the explanations. It's good to learn something new each day.