PDA

View Full Version : Designer 1.187 and windows 8.1

dehrlich
11-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Has anyone else had problems with the old version designer after upgrading to the windows version 8.1? I did it recently and now the designer is slow and freezes (not responding) often. It used to work great. Anyone?

SteveNelson46
11-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Has anyone else had problems with the old version designer after upgrading to the windows version 8.1? I did it recently and now the designer is slow and freezes (not responding) often. It used to work great. Anyone?

Try stepping up the rendering cash (Edit, Preferences, General tab). I have mine set for 128 mb. Probably a little overkill but, it works for me. Also, you can try turning the hardware acceleration off (Edit, Preferences, 3D Graphics tab) but it may cause other problems. Try reducing the number of patterns in your pattern list also.

CW-HAL9000
11-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Make sure it is running as an administrator. You can also have it run in windows 7 mode.

dehrlich
11-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Try stepping up the rendering cash (Edit, Preferences, General tab). I have mine set for 128 mb. Probably a little overkill but, it works for me. Also, you can try turning the hardware acceleration off (Edit, Preferences, 3D Graphics tab) but it may cause other problems. Try reducing the number of patterns in your pattern list also.

Changing the rendering seems to have fixed it. Thank you!