PDA

View Full Version : Snowboard core - Can this be done??

dbtahoe
03-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Attached is the file. I am curious to know if this can be done on the Carvewright. I have one available to me, I just don't want to do anything that might hurt the machine.

Thanks for looking...
Doug

Bill
03-01-2007, 06:43 PM
I don't see why not but I would rather cut it out on a band saw, much faster

dbtahoe
03-01-2007, 06:52 PM
There is also a tapered profile.

Sarge
03-01-2007, 07:42 PM
I see two problems with the issue. 1. Usually, snowboards have a lip or curvature. This wouldn't feed through the machine. 2. As Bill already stated, it would be faster and easier to cut on a band saw.

liquidguitars
03-02-2007, 01:37 AM
You could get door skins or birch about 1/8 thick and use the
carvewright to cut out or scribe the gluing jig and router guides.

in designer layout a clamping system to get the shape to bend the snowboards nose and tail. pre cut the lam sheets oversize "1" and clamp into the gluing jig you made. Cut out some router guides on the cw to finish.

Lig

dbtahoe
03-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Let me clarify what I am trying to do. It's really two different things. The first is a core profile. Heres a web page http://www.skibuilders.com/howto/skicon/profiling.shtml. The other is shaping the profile. Which is really just the outer shape. Easy enough to do without the CNC, but to be able to do both would be a bonus. In the link you'll see what I'm referring to. The example shows a core being cut with a planer. However the drawback is limited cut control.

Hopefully this clears up my original question.

liquidguitars
03-03-2007, 02:14 AM
cool site, I love the firehose blader..
yes the carvewright can shape/rout the wood core no prob but only 1" deep and will take a few hrs. but once you get the shape right it will always be in the computer.:cool: