PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted Cuts

LEE
03-01-2007, 04:43 PM
I just got my Compucut up and running. I am seeing a bunch of very shallow cuts adjacent to the pattern cut. These cuts are kind of random and maybe .01" deep. They are showing up on curved parts of the pattern. These extra cuts really mess up the surface...they could be sanded out, but better they weren't there. Does anyone have a solution?
LEE

The Bard
03-01-2007, 04:57 PM
if you post the project maybe someone can look at it for possible solutions.

LEE
03-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Bard,
Thanks for your reply, Iv'e attached the offending file.
LEE

HandTurnedMaple
03-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Its in the pattern.

HandTurnedMaple
03-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Its part of whatever the background is. If you remove it, the offended matter disappears.

The Bard
03-01-2007, 06:12 PM
geez.. that tells you I skim posts before posting replies LOL.

liquidguitars
03-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Thats Mr. jpg compression, if you can use and save 24 bit bmps this will remove the pixels once you clean up the data.

Liq

LEE
03-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Its part of whatever the background is. If you remove it, the offended matter disappears.
Thanks for your reply but I'm missing the point...what is in the pattern (the background texture is from the designer program horizontal waves option). Another puzzle has been the CW scaling the project file to a smaller cut size even though there is plenty of room on the board...like 4" at the ends and over an inch at the sides.
I've been doing computer graphics work using Corel to drive a 30" plotter and vinyl for mre than 20 years..it is very humbling to start out again at the very bottom of the learning curve. Thank you for your help.
LEE

pkunk
03-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks for your reply but I'm missing the point...what is in the pattern (the background texture is from the designer program horizontal waves option). Another puzzle has been the CW scaling the project file to a smaller cut size even though there is plenty of room on the board...like 4" at the ends and over an inch at the sides.
I've been doing computer graphics work using Corel to drive a 30" plotter and vinyl for mre than 20 years..it is very humbling to start out again at the very bottom of the learning curve. Thank you for your help.
LEE
Lee, I told you in person that the program is easy to learn. You just need to read more of the posts here, and pay attention to what the LCD on the machine tells/ask you. It really is easy-has nothing to do with what you do every day.

HandTurnedMaple
03-01-2007, 09:46 PM
This portion that I extracted from your .mpc looks like you imported it from a .jpg. It contains noise.

Digitalwoodshop
03-01-2007, 11:13 PM
As Maxwell Smart would say to "LEE".... "It's the old Seven Inch Rule"

Lee Said... "Another puzzle has been the CW scaling the project file to a smaller cut size even though there is plenty of room on the board...like 4" at the ends and over an inch at the sides". (Must have been 6.9999 inches)

Not the size of the design "on" the board but the size of the "board" in designer.

There needs to be a warning light and a warning sign....

"If you select to stay under the rollers you had better be sure your board measures 7 inches longer than the board size in your designer project"

"If NOT.... I the "Carve Wright Computer" will scale the artwork so I DO have 7 inches more board than my master thinks I do" And snicker as he scratches his head and wonders why the art is smaller.....

Computers, garbage in, garbage out.....

Lee, Please do a "Search" as it has been written about at least once a week for months.

AL

LEE
03-02-2007, 12:32 AM
That is very interesting, the results look like noise, being entirely random. Is there a better file format for importing into designer? The original was created in Corel then exported at 200 dpi as a .jpg.

LEE
03-02-2007, 12:36 AM
As Maxwell Smart would say to "LEE".... "It's the old Seven Inch Rule"

Lee Said... "Another puzzle has been the CW scaling the project file to a smaller cut size even though there is plenty of room on the board...like 4" at the ends and over an inch at the sides". (Must have been 6.9999 inches)

Not the size of the design "on" the board but the size of the "board" in designer.

There needs to be a warning light and a warning sign....

"If you select to stay under the rollers you had better be sure your board measures 7 inches longer than the board size in your designer project"

"If NOT.... I the "Carve Wright Computer" will scale the artwork so I DO have 7 inches more board than my master thinks I do" And snicker as he scratches his head and wonders why the art is smaller.....

Computers, garbage in, garbage out.....

Lee, Please do a "Search" as it has been written about at least once a week for months.

AL
Thank you. I do read the forum regularly. That answers my question perfectly.
LEE

CallNeg151
03-02-2007, 12:45 AM
That is very interesting, the results look like noise, being entirely random. Is there a better file format for importing into designer? The original was created in Corel then exported at 200 dpi as a .jpg.

YES! The JPG format is lossy, and creates artifacts around the edge of objects. Although the naked eye may not see them, these will appear in the carving.

A better format is the PNG format. It will give you clean edges.

LEE
03-02-2007, 12:49 AM
YES! The JPG format is lossy, and creates artifacts around the edge of objects. Although the naked eye may not see them, these will appear in the carving.

A better format is the PNG format. It will give you clean edges.
Great! You have made my day!
LEE