PDA

View Full Version : Where's 1.119 ?

Marzluf
03-01-2007, 11:59 AM
I was told yesterday that v.1.119 would be posted last night. It's supposed to rid homming sensor issues. Anyone heard of the latest release time ??

I wouldn't be so concerned, except as of this morning (go figure) I'm getting the "Homing sensor blocked" message.

liquidguitars
03-01-2007, 12:04 PM
should be soon,
I just PM the Bard. he knows all, sees all.

Baron Richard
03-01-2007, 02:35 PM
I've been dead in the water for 6 days with the homing flag error waiting on the update (that the Bard thought was supposed to be out last friday...)

Grrr, I'm gonna start chewing on some of this wood if I don't get to make some chips soon!! 8 whole days of working out of having the machine for 38 days. Enought to send one into withdrawal...

benluz
03-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Next Friday is the last thing I heard.That's what fast Eddie said and his info is pretty good.
Ben

Kenm810
03-01-2007, 04:27 PM
I think HTM has a jacket he might lend you if you feel it might help?

MissQuote
I tried that once and it worked, I got help with getting on my jacket with the sleeves in the back.

I believe it comes with buckels, but sorry no pockets.
ken

Marzluf
03-01-2007, 05:06 PM
"Next Friday is the last thing I heard"

I hope that was last week.......

I can't believe they would tell me on the phone that it would be up that evening and then have it be another week yet....

Guess I better do a search for the normal fix for now then... Jeeesh !

rjp736
03-01-2007, 05:16 PM
I just downloaded it. just do a "check for update" and you'll get the download.

Jon Jantz
03-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks, RJP...

Got it downloaded and installed.

fg9074
03-01-2007, 06:00 PM
I just downloaded 1.119, read the readme.doc which include the following
* Added centerline text upgradable option
* Added ability to directly open and import PTN files
* Added option to center grid lines on the board

Where are these options , is the upgrade to designer or to the machine ?
I see no difference from what I had. For example where is centerline text upgradable option. I guess Im not as computer savy as I thought.

CallNeg151
03-01-2007, 06:20 PM
I just downloaded 1.119, read the readme.doc which include the following
* Added centerline text upgradable option
* Added ability to directly open and import PTN files
* Added option to center grid lines on the board

Where are these options , is the upgrade to designer or to the machine ?
I see no difference from what I had. For example where is centerline text upgradable option. I guess Im not as computer savy as I thought.

The ability to import a .ptn file is through the file menu. You can now just go to File>Open, select .ptn pattern file from the filetype box, and then import the pattern. This gives you the option to raise or lower the pattern to your liking as well.

As for the center grid line option, that appears under Layout>Snap, and will center the grid on your board.

As for the centerline upgradable, I'm not sure where that is. Since centerline is an option that must be purchased, I don't know. Perhaps it only appears after you use the appropriate upgrade code in the software. Just a guess.

pkunk
03-01-2007, 06:21 PM
15 upgrades in a little over a year. :) :) Way to go, Carvewright! Go team! Go! :)

Bill Kearns
03-01-2007, 06:36 PM
rjp736
Could you please tell this "newbie" how to download the new version? I looked for "check for update" and I couldn't find it.

Thanks for any help you can give this old man.

Bill

HandTurnedMaple
03-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Open Designer and look under Help drop down menu.

Bill Kearns
03-01-2007, 06:44 PM
HTM, WOW, returns on this forum are "headspinningquick", thank you very much. It's loading as we speak.

Can I ask you another question? I have been using red oak to do my projects, I am still getting some chipped work which voids the "gift" idea for that piece. Is there a better wood to do these projects on?

Thanks, Bill

homer
03-01-2007, 06:48 PM
I just successfully downloaded 1.119 and according to CW it was supposed to fix my z axis stall error, but it hasn't and I've been waiting over 2 weeks to get some resolution to this problem and get back to carving. I am really frustrated at this point!

dpowli
03-01-2007, 06:48 PM
What type of chip-out are you getting? I have used red oak for a number of projects with good results. The only issues I had a first was when I tried to to use too small of font for raised lettering.

Bill Kearns
03-01-2007, 07:02 PM
The stars that are in the library come out with chipped tips. I tried a larger version of the stars and the same thing happened. I can understand some chipping on very thin portions of letters but the stars sholud be OK. The CW screen shows "NORM" , maybe I should use the "high quality " option.

Whatcha think?

Thanks, Bill

dpowli
03-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Bill. You might want to start a new thread and include a picture of your problem.

Denny

HandTurnedMaple
03-01-2007, 08:16 PM
HTM, WOW, returns on this forum are "headspinningquick", thank you very much. It's loading as we speak.

Can I ask you another question? I have been using red oak to do my projects, I am still getting some chipped work which voids the "gift" idea for that piece. Is there a better wood to do these projects on?

Thanks, Bill

My entire garage operates off one 15-Amp circuit right now, so when the CW is running in the garage I'm sitting at the computer with my thumb up my ...

For wood questions, refer to this: http://carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2067

doutt
03-01-2007, 08:44 PM
I installed .119 and saw that you can now import .ptn's directly.
I must be doing something wrong because mine are all greyed out with "File Open" and "Import".

Can you help?

Marzluf
03-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Well...... sure. Now that I ask where it is, it's there....

I swear it wasn't up when I posted. I checked several times today.

Anyway.... Seems to work like a champ. I got the download and fired up the carver. Went right to work asking for piece to be loaded after homing.

Thanks CW.

DougM
03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Does anyone have any more info on the "upgrade code" ? I have tried looking for it, but don't see any info on what we get, how much it is, or where to order it from.

Thanks!
Doug

Jeff_Birt
03-01-2007, 09:23 PM
What upgrade code??

pkunk
03-01-2007, 09:25 PM
I installed .119 and saw that you can now import .ptn's directly.
I must be doing something wrong because mine are all greyed out with "File Open" and "Import".

Can you help?

Maybe this will help. Note-patterns.......

insp_gadget
03-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Homer, I took my first machine back after having many problems with z-stall and sometimes y-stall. They also told me that new software would fix everything. My new machine is supposed to here next Tuesday. I can't wait. I have designed many projects I need to do in my family room. All I need is a machine to put card into and go. It was awesome when it was running! Steve

DougM
03-01-2007, 09:37 PM
What upgrade code??

In the read me they mention the center line text is available with an upgrade code.

If you go to the help menu in designer there is a new option to enter in upgrade code.

But the main carve wright site doesn't have any info on it, and I can't seem to find any more info on the forum either.

Just wondering what we get, and what the price is.

Doug

Jeff_Birt
03-01-2007, 09:53 PM
My guess is that you call CW and buy the upgrade for centerlinw and they give you the code.

HandTurnedMaple
03-01-2007, 10:03 PM
I have seen nothing about it being ready yet. They are just getting prepared for the centerline release because they don't plan to release another update until then (although surprises happen). Just my perspective.

Jeff_Birt
03-01-2007, 10:51 PM
OK, my turn for a silly question...What does "import .ptn's directly" mean? The only thing that looks diffrent when I import a .ptn is that I have no choice of what folder in my favoriates it goes to. Is the the new "direct import" feature?

CallNeg151
03-02-2007, 01:26 AM
OK, my turn for a silly question...What does "import .ptn's directly" mean? The only thing that looks diffrent when I import a .ptn is that I have no choice of what folder in my favoriates it goes to. Is the the new "direct import" feature?

Go under File>Open, and select .ptn as the file type. You can now import the .ptn file. You can also raise or lower it (like you can when importing a bitmap) before you save it to your library.