PDA

View Full Version : My pair of lithos for a customer

myshop1044
10-25-2014, 10:58 AM
I finished the pair, the smaller was my first litho a couple years ago,
the lady saw it and need it now, so it was sold.
I used MT's idea about the puck light from Lowes( and they are on sale now for $19.00 was $24).
I also put in some al duck tape to reflect more light.

Perry B.

bergerud
10-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Really nice. I notice that they are front carved. Is that the way they are always done? Have you tried a reverse image carved from the rear? Would it look the same in the light?

myshop1044
10-25-2014, 12:18 PM
I did not know you could carve from the rear, do you have any carved from the rear. That make an instresting question.
Maybe someone else has done some rear carvings that they could give us some imput.

fwharris
10-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Really nice. I notice that they are front carved. Is that the way they are always done? Have you tried a reverse image carved from the rear? Would it look the same in the light?

I believe that they are shown with the carving to the front for the best view. One would have to reverse/flip the carving in the light box to see how it compares.

myshop1044
10-25-2014, 12:38 PM
I just flipped the litho in the box and the back was rough, probably would need to be sanded down to create a polished surface
and the picture was very fussy.

bergerud
10-25-2014, 12:53 PM
I thought the back was smooth and might be nice to have in the front. I have only done one and now that I have found it, you are right. It is fuzzy when flipped. I guess the carved surface scatters the light. Interesting. Maybe if the carved surface was polished smooth (I know, too much work!), it might work.