PDA

View Full Version : Rotating designs (groups)

nickels76
10-23-2014, 11:16 AM
All-

Is there a easy/quick way to rotate a group of designs 90 degrees?

I was asked to cut the included design but to include it on the board with another design that is already at a different angle.

Basically I just need to know if there is a way to rotate the design so I don't have to redraw it at the different angle.

Thanks

Todd

bergerud
10-23-2014, 12:06 PM
There is no way. Sorry but you cannot get there from here! If you really need it rotated, you will have to redraw it. I have had to do that many times.

nickels76
10-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Thats too bad

Looks like a suggestion for carvewright to include in next software improvement.

cestout
10-23-2014, 05:26 PM
If the patterns are yours, not purchased or downloaded, you can make the group into a pattern and position it anyway you want. You will have to find a way to make any vectors into a carved area and outline them then delete the carved out area.
Clint

dltccf
10-24-2014, 09:26 AM
Thats too bad

Looks like a suggestion for carvewright to include in next software improvement.

It has been suggested several improvements ago so don't hold your breath.

SteveNelson46
10-24-2014, 10:23 AM
There is no way. Sorry but you cannot get there from here! If you really need it rotated, you will have to redraw it. I have had to do that many times.

If you have to redraw it I would suggest doing it in Corel Draw, Illustrator, Aspire, Art Cam, or some other program that has good vector handling tools . Then, import it into the designer.

bergerud
10-24-2014, 10:28 AM
If you have to redraw it I would suggest doing it in Corel Draw, Illustrator, Aspire, Art Cam, or some other program that has good vector handling tools . Then, import it into the designer.

I like things to be all done in Designer so they are easy to edit. I get tired of going around external program "edit loops".

lynnfrwd
10-24-2014, 10:36 AM
Other than maybe the propeller wings, there is nothing on this design that can't easily be done in Designer.

Here is a propeller pattern: https://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=16908&cat=&page=1

There are wings on the Depot, too.

SteveNelson46
10-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Other than maybe the propeller wings, there is nothing on this design that can't easily be done in Designer.

Here is a propeller pattern: https://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=16908&cat=&page=1

There are wings on the Depot, too.

Except rotate it.

SteveNelson46
10-24-2014, 11:35 AM
I like things to be all done in Designer so they are easy to edit. I get tired of going around external program "edit loops".

I agree. It is a pain in the neck. But, I rarely create a design that is perfect the first time and a third party program allows me to "tweek" instead of starting over.

lynnfrwd
10-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Except rotate it.

Touché....

dltccf
10-24-2014, 02:09 PM
OK, I must admit I did laugh a little there. Talking about rotating the propeller struck me as funny :-)

dave