PDA

View Full Version : Lost Patterns

Sarge
02-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Okay, maybe somebody else did the "dummy move" I did. I sorted and stored my patterns in a new folder. The next time I opened Designer, It couldn't find them or the mpc's Imported. Luckily, I knew where the old "Folder" was and moved them back. WHEEEEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pkunk
02-28-2007, 09:59 PM
It is a good idea for everyone to save your imported patterns in a backup drive, disk, or at least in a folder somewhere else on your computer. From your 'Favorites' in Designers Patterns (Mac-control click) choose export and save to the folder of your choice. If you should have a malfunction, (it won't ever happen to me :) )you'll at least be able to save these and reimport them.

rgant05
02-28-2007, 10:59 PM
not sure if this is the case or no, but I suspect that Designer automatically went to the old folder because that is where it opened the last mpc file that it had opened (so it becomes the default folder). when you sorted and moved them and then tried to open one of them it went to this default folder (where it had opened the last mpc you used) and it looked blank because you had moved them. If you had just told it where the new folder was and opened on of them, the new folder would now become the default folder. I don't think you lost them, you just didn't tell Designer where they were once you had sorted and moved them.

Roger

bobreda
03-01-2007, 05:28 AM
Something happened to me also, at first I thought it was my computer and maybe it still is. I opened up designer and everything I had in my favorites plus some new folders I had were gone. All that was left was the ones that came with the software. I had them saved in another folder, well at least most of them. I'm wondering if its a bug in the software.

Bob