PDA

View Full Version : scanning probe / cut motor malfunction

CarverJerry
10-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Ok, I've done a few scans and everything worked out ok for me in the past. Today I went to set up a scan, was moving to the starting point, I opened the door to check the position, when I closed the door the cut motor tried to momentarily start up, which in turn ripped the cable out of my probe. Was wondering if anyone ever experienced this before or would know what could have caused the cut motor to do this. I repaired the probe, removed my flex cable and did my scan with no problems. Hope some one knows.....something. Thanks

Digitalwoodshop
10-16-2014, 08:50 PM
That is a result of the C1 Capacitor snapping off one leg on the X Termination Board.... Bet with the probe out of the machine, cover closed, power on.... THUMP on the top right corner post with your hand and watch the Cut Motor TURN ON and OFF.... Another reason for others to NOT bypass the Cut Motor Switch... (I know you did not)

3 of my 4 machines did this...

AL

bergerud
10-16-2014, 08:59 PM
When you use the probe, you should take out the flex shaft, for a few reasons. You found one! The other is so the probe does not turn as the carriage moves back and forth.

The cut motor commonly jerks when the cover switch closes. This is because the cover switch does not have a capacitor on it. I got into the electronics of this in the thread:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?19388-Tracking-Board-Encoder-and-Carving-Cutting-bits-on-A-and-B-series-Machhines&p=165376#post165376

CarverJerry
10-17-2014, 09:04 AM
I thumped the $%it out of my machine and nothing. What Bergerud said does make total sense, I did put a note on my probe box to REMOVE FLEX SHAFT, this way it will never happen again. Thanks guys for your input. Now to figure out my other centerline/conforming vector issue.