PDA

View Full Version : first scan today

rflournoy
10-10-2014, 06:55 PM
I tried scanning for the first time this afternoon and noticed that the probe did not go all the way down to the sled. I watched one of the videos that suggested that I hot glue the item to be scanned to a small ceramic tile...which I did. The probe barely touched the top of the item, but due to a software issue I can't see what the scan looks like. (the software issue is addressed in another post). Did I miss something in the setup that would make the probe go all the way down?

FWMiller
10-10-2014, 09:33 PM
If you have tall sides on your sled you will need to put a block or something under the object to lift it up. I think I made mine about 2.5 inches high and had to add a 3/4" thick block under the object.

bergerud
10-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Is that because the truck "bottoms out" before the probe touches?

rflournoy
10-11-2014, 09:04 AM
I'm not sure if the truck bottoms out, but I'll check. Thanks!

FWMiller
10-11-2014, 09:26 AM
With 2.5" sides, mine bottoms out before it reaches the bottom surface of the sled.

bergerud
10-11-2014, 09:39 AM
I think the original sled dimensions recommended for the scanning sled were relative to the QC. The CT holds the probe higher than the QC did. Maybe that sled height needs to be revised. Ideally, the probe should just make it to the sled.