PDA

View Full Version : DC Insert collection

Bob Victor
10-08-2014, 01:05 PM
I have installed the DC insert onto my Carvewright. I'm glad I did, it makes clean up rather easy and performs very well. The attached photo shows how I installed it. After going to my local home improvement center, I got a 4" adjustable 90* elbow and 4" to 3" reducer. Also, got what was called a "test cap" in the plumbing section to seal the 3" hole. Using a hole saw to cut the test cap to fit the shop vac hose. Hope this is helpful to anyone from newbie to senior carvers.

This is probably not the place to ask, when I want to use cut path, I can't set the number of passes to achieve a cut. I have not try, but my thinking is the machine will try to cut all at once rather than in several passes. Fear of damaging either the bit or machine. Any help is greatly appreciated.

mtylerfl
10-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Please read the following tutorial on specifics on how to use the Cut Path Tool. I guarantee you, you can set the number of passes if the tool is used (properly). Hopefully, the tutorial will help:

Designer 1.131 New Feature Highlights – ISSUE 12 September 2008 (http://www.carvewright.com/assets/tips/CarveWrightTips_and_Tricks_Sept08.pdf)

fwharris
10-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Bob,

Great conversion to the shop vac hose. Could not tell from the picture but make sure you run a static ground wire from your shop vac up to the DC-INSERT and machine.

Digitalwoodshop
10-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Nice setup and Plus 1 for the Ground Wire..

And install a Battery Smoke Detector above your machine.... Just incase..... And if you step into the house while the machine is running use a wireless intercom to listen to the machine.... Some Shop Vac's are not designed to run for long hours. Could overheat. Some Bag Dust collectors have a weave so large the fine dust is sent into your breathing area...

Boy, that AL is full of good news.... :)

Bob Victor
10-09-2014, 04:19 AM
Thank you for the comment. No, I don't have a static ground wire. How exactly should I attach one?

blhutchens
10-09-2014, 06:46 AM
This is a link to the latest thread on grounding, there have been numerous others. If you do a search for DC ground" you can find more.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?23709-dust-devil-users&highlight=ground

Brent