PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Pierced Work

Sawbit
02-28-2007, 11:59 AM
I know this question has been aswered, but I have searched and cannot find the answer. I studied Britt Yenne's tutorial thoroughly and still am having problems with ths inside edge of this project. I'm sure it's a simple fix, but I ain't finding it.

Some help from more experienced folk would be greatly appreciated.

The problem is where the edges of the filagrees meet the inside edge of the frame. For some reason I can eliminate the divot around the connections.

I've attached the file. Please explain the fix if you can help me.

CallNeg151
02-28-2007, 12:45 PM
I haven't done much in the way of cutout pieces yet, but that's pretty weird. Did you notice that the notch isn't there if you don't quite cut through, putting the depth at .499", but that it appears at .5"? Did you try to cut this out yet, and is the notch in the final piece? If not, I'm just curious if this is a rendering error of some sort.

I suppose you could cut it down to .499" (it would probably effectively cut through anyway, and then just clean out any dregs as part of the finishing process.

Sawbit
02-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Yes it is in the final piece. I hadn't noticed that setting difference. I'll give it a try.

BoardSilly
02-28-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm in the office and not at home so I can't look at your MPC file. If you are trying to completely cutout the piece, the system will automatically leave small tabs attached to it. This is to keep the piece from moving or flopping around after it is freed.