PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mouse

ekimnamyr
09-29-2014, 07:33 AM
I have been given a cedar log about 12 in. long that when viewed from the end looks exactly like M Mouse. I am going to slice off a chunk about 1 in. thick and try and carve M Mouse charcter face in it. BUT not sure how to aproach the task, Take a picture and import it and trace the image onto it? Not sure of the best approach would. Any help would be appreciated, I have all software needed just in the learning stages of how to use them. Have watched the tutorials but just not sure of which path to follow to get my task completed . Thanks for all suggestions - Directions. Mike;

henry1
09-29-2014, 08:13 AM
I have been given a cedar log about 12 in. long that when viewed from the end looks exactly like M Mouse. I am going to slice off a chunk about 1 in. thick and try and carve M Mouse charcter face in it. BUT not sure how to aproach the task, Take a picture and import it and trace the image onto it? Not sure of the best approach would. Any help would be appreciated, I have all software needed just in the learning stages of how to use them. Have watched the tutorials but just not sure of which path to follow to get my task completed . Thanks for all suggestions - Directions. Mike;
here one for you if it help

FWMiller
09-29-2014, 08:30 AM
Do you have a sled to hold it. You'll probably need to use jog to center to align your carve with the irregular shaped work piece.

bergerud
09-29-2014, 08:44 AM
Can you show us a picture of the wood?

ekimnamyr
09-29-2014, 11:04 AM
71966Yes I do have a sled. As you can see it is shaped just as the head
Can you show us a picture of the wood?

bergerud
09-29-2014, 11:59 AM
Something like this would not fit too bad.

CW-HAL9000
09-29-2014, 01:30 PM
What a cool find, it will be a fun project.

dbemus
09-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Be sure to show us the finished project!

Old Salt
09-29-2014, 04:34 PM
May be worth more with out carving , just sand and finish with an oil.

ekimnamyr
09-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the patterns one may work great. What is really cool about this stump is that if you turn it over.it takes on the perfect figure of Dumbo!! I guess what I am not sure about is, Probably simpler than I think is how to get the picture on project designer to work with. Import the picture then trace around it. Is there a tutorial that Gives some direction in this function? 3-D, 2-D. This can probably be done a couple different ways Just not sure which path to take. Thanks for the help.

bjbethke
09-30-2014, 04:39 PM

You might want a photo (CW "WOODS 1") board to adjust the mouse pattern to fit your Stump Board. I made one from your image you pasted. It helps to alien the PTN file in the MPC file.

The "Pine_gray" image needs to be a JPEG format and 512 by 512 Pixels; install this in the CW "woods 1" folder. It needs to be upside down. The CW unit flips it 180 degrees when you use it. You can "PM" me your e-mail if you need more detail. BJB

Last Photo; with out the Stump image it would be hard to set up the MPW file.

ekimnamyr
09-30-2014, 05:27 PM
You might want a photo (CW "WOODS 1") board to adjust the mouse pattern to fit your Stump Board. I made one from your image you pasted. It helps to alien the PTN file in the MPC file.

The "Pine_gray" image needs to be a JPEG format and 512 by 512 Pixels; install this in the CW "woods 1" folder. It needs to be upside down. The CW unit flips it 180 degrees when you use it. You can "PM" me your e-mail if you need more detail. BJB

Last Photo; with out the Stump image it would be hard to set up the MPW file.

Thanks that what I was looking for BJB. All the help and patterns were appreciated. Mike;

lynnfrwd
09-30-2014, 05:49 PM
I might have flipped his face the other direction to match the slab better...

ekimnamyr
09-30-2014, 07:15 PM
I will do some playing around with it Thanks for the input