PDA

View Full Version : motor stops, spindle continues back and forth

rflournoy
09-27-2014, 09:11 PM
I haven't resolved my z axis problem, but now have another. When I open the clear dust cover door in the middle of a carve, the motor stops but the spindle continues to move back and forth over the piece as if cutting. This issue may be related to my z axis problem a few posts below, but I can't be certain. Does anyone have an idea what might be happening to cause this? Tomorrow I begin to do a little open heart surgery on the CW. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

fwharris
09-27-2014, 09:30 PM
This is a common thing with using the clear cover to stop/pause a carvings. The most preferred method to pause a carving is to use the stop button by only pressing in one time. By doing this you are telling the computer to halt/pause all operations and it will stop all of the operations at the same time.

bergerud
09-27-2014, 09:54 PM
The reason that the machine kept on going was because the left cover switch did not open and signal the computer to stop. The right cover switch did open and interrupted the power to the motor. Something is probably wrong with the left cover switch. I do not think this is related to your z problems.

rflournoy
09-27-2014, 10:18 PM
Thank you!

Digitalwoodshop
09-28-2014, 09:50 AM
The left switch talks to the computer and if you call up sensor data on the LCD it is the first item... Cover.... It will show open or closed.

If you had your black cover off troubleshooting the Z you likely damaged the left switch... There is NO Mechanical Stop on the Clear Cover once you remove it from machine and as you move it around the clear cover is resting on the SWITCHES and likely smahed the plunger in.... It is a unwritten rule to always support the clear cover... Another unwritten rule... IF you remove the Flex Shaft put TAPE over the end of the flex to keep the shaft and spring from falling out.... I have stomped to death 2 springs since 2007 without knowing it until I put it back together... Use tape....

AL