PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with DXF software

Hasher
09-22-2014, 01:31 PM
Recently I purchased DXF software and have used it, but every time I go out of designer it doesn't save it and I have to go thru the manage license process to reinstall it. Now it says I have the license but it still comes up in demo mode. I am running designer 1.187 on a Mac 10.9.5. I also have Centerline and conforming Vectors both are ok. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks

mtylerfl
09-22-2014, 02:20 PM
Easiest fix is buy a PC. ;)

Seriously, if no one here can help, I'm sure the Tech Support department at CarveWright can help you if it is simply a licensing issue.

lynnfrwd
09-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Recently I purchased DXF software and have used it, but every time I go out of designer it doesn't save it and I have to go thru the manage license process to reinstall it. Now it says I have the license but it still comes up in demo mode. I am running designer 1.187 on a Mac 10.9.5. I also have Centerline and conforming Vectors both are ok. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks

I see it registered to your MAC, but it has not yet been applied to your Windows machine. You will need to use RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR (if Vista, 7 or 8) then go to HELP > MANAGE LICENSES > UPDATE LICENSES.

Hasher
09-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Windows is loaded on a partition on the Mac, I prefer to use the Mac to design, is there any way to make it work?

lynnfrwd
09-22-2014, 04:50 PM
"partition"

I think this is the key word...

Hasher
09-22-2014, 05:34 PM
I loaded windows to see if designer would behave differently, if it is the partition, I can format it out. Windows doesn't play well with apple mouse, the MAC was designed to run each OS with out interfering with the other, it is like two separate machines.

SteveEJ
09-22-2014, 09:12 PM
I have on Mac (Mac version) and Windows (Windows version) on the same Mac with Parallels and all is fine. I use them both based on my needs at the time.

Not sure about the 'Partition' issue. I am using Yosemite Public Beta as well.

nihad62
10-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Are you able to run the carvewright software on the Yosemite Public Beta? I just installed it and the carvewright software keeps crashing. Did you have any issues with this?

Hasher
11-11-2014, 12:55 PM
I have not installed Yosemite, have too many Christmas projects to do without mucking up my computer. Every time I want to use DXF I just reinstall the license, not the proper way, but it does work for now.

PSQRD
11-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Are you able to run the carvewright software on the Yosemite Public Beta? I just installed it and the carvewright software keeps crashing. Did you have any issues with this?

There's a fix on the forum if PD doesn't open without crashing at all. Just reinstall the latest version of X11, long story short when you upgrade a directory is affected that needs to be realigned. Just upgraded to Yosemite myself. I hope this helps.