PDA

View Full Version : meeting someone who may purchase a CW.

Mikewiz
09-16-2014, 06:03 PM
I have someone coming to my house this weekend to look at the CW. He is intrested in getting a cnc machine and wants to see the CW first hand. I plan on showing the machine in action by carving a small project. I'll show him the software the best I can but I'm still not good with the software. I will also tell him about getting a dust collector and proper maintenance. Is there anything else I should talk to him about. I have 2.007, centerline, conforming vectors and the pattern editor. Any advice will help.

Thanks, Mike

fwharris
09-16-2014, 06:33 PM
Let him know that he can also down load the 30 day trial version of the software, lots of tutorials to view / read and of course the Users Forum.

lynnfrwd
09-16-2014, 07:35 PM
Take him to the Carvewright Facebook page and show him projects others have done with the machine.

johnhj
01-24-2015, 07:05 PM
Hello,

My name is John and i desperately need help, Honestly i have never used or been in a forum before or know if i am even in the right place? Well to make a long story short i purchased 3 craftsman compucarve carvewright machines at an estate of a deceased carpenter back in November 2014. I let them sit in my garage through the holidays and decided yesterday to break them out of the boxes and set them up. In doing so i installed the project designer install disc and was prompted to register the machines serial number so i dropped in all my information and added the serial number and immediately the setup informed me that these machines are registered to some one else so i could not register them. So i drove to the estate where i purchased them and found that the home had been sold. Can any one here give me information on setting these machines up. Or am i stuck with $2300 dollars worth of paper weights?

PLEASE HELP

THANKS, John

t-townwilson
01-27-2015, 10:56 AM
My advice would be to call CarveWright customer support. They should be able to quickly answer your questions.

lynnfrwd
01-27-2015, 11:08 AM
We got him all set up.

ladjr
01-27-2015, 06:33 PM
Great job Connie.

Canemaker
01-27-2015, 09:32 PM
Connie to the rescue as usual... great job Connie!

CNC Carver
01-28-2015, 06:22 AM
Nice work Connie! Welcome John hope you enjoy your new machines.

blhutchens
01-28-2015, 08:58 AM
Welcome John,
If you have 3 machines you are gonna need to be a regular here