PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Editor

Loriblackdog
09-14-2014, 10:56 AM
It's me again, I have my project in pattern editor & saved to my favorites. The problem is I want to delete the old pattern & replace with the new, however the first 7 things are grayed out? It will not let me delete the portion I don't want? When I go under view it shows that I have all the toolbars marked? Am I doing something wrong? can someone please let me know? I have searched tips & tricks & ask Bud, but haven't found anything on toolbars. Thank you for listening & would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you

Loriblackdog:confused::confused:

gashawk
09-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Okay, my best guess, To delete old Artwork(mpw)s go to pattern editor, click on "file" then click on "open" or "save as" you may right click on them and delete from there. If its in your favorites you should be able to do the same from it. All files must be closed to delete. Let us know if that helps.

Also if your working on a pattern in pattern editor and want to save the changes you have made just click "save". You will also need to send an update or replacement to library.

SteveNelson46
09-14-2014, 10:35 PM
It's me again, I have my project in pattern editor & saved to my favorites. The problem is I want to delete the old pattern & replace with the new, however the first 7 things are grayed out? It will not let me delete the portion I don't want? When I go under view it shows that I have all the toolbars marked? Am I doing something wrong? can someone please let me know? I have searched tips & tricks & ask Bud, but haven't found anything on toolbars. Thank you for listening & would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you

Loriblackdog:confused::confused:

Lori,

You don't have to open the pattern editor to add or delete patterns from your favorites. In your favorites list, right click on the pattern you want to delete and select delete from the pop-up dialogue box. To add a new pattern, right click on the folder in your favorites list where you want the new pattern to be and select "Import". Navigate to the folder on your hard disk where you have the pattern saved and select it. Click on the "Open" button.

If you are in the Pattern Editor, after you make changes select "Save to Pattern Library" from the File Menu. In the pop-up dialogue box, navigate to the folder in your favorites list where you want the pattern saved and give it a name. If the name you select already exists, you will get a prompt to overwrite it.

The reason the items in the toolbar are greyed out is because you haven't made any changes or you don't have anything selected.