PDA

View Full Version : Ebay UK CW for sale??

pkunk
02-27-2007, 05:36 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120091515445&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:UK:1

Skippy
02-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Beware of E-Bay newbees. No rating, only been a member for 6 days= scam.

Flip

thaley
02-27-2007, 08:31 PM
its not even the pic of the unit it from the online catlog hummmmm look fishy to me

Julie Coffey
02-28-2007, 01:26 AM
Well unless they have a dual voltage available and the overseas plug- its a lovely anchor. Ratings alone say let someone else be the first in the UK to say they've been scammed.
That is unless its for real and the American version and they own a power converter- we had those while stationed over there- could use our yank equipment.

I would like to think that Greybeard would be offered the first genuine UK rated CC OR CW available, just for all he does for the folks here. Just my humble opinion (that and the man makes INCREDIBLE fans!!!!)

Julie ;)

Greybeard
02-28-2007, 02:16 AM
Please spare my blushes Julie, but thanks everyone for the cautionary remarks.
I've sent a couple of questions to him, so I'll keep you posted.

John

Greybeard
02-28-2007, 05:45 AM
It's crossed my mind to warn the one bidder (who looks real) of the possibility of this being a scam, but that puts me in a bit of a quandary. It would look as though I was trying to corner the bidding.
If it's for real, however it has got into this country, (and it may have fallen off the back of a Chinese freighter ;) ), it still doesn't comply to the current import regs for electronic goods as far as I am aware, so it has to be a dodgy one from that point of view.

John

Greybeard
02-28-2007, 08:19 AM
OK I've decided to take the ethical path, make no bid, and to warn the bidder of the potential scam.

I shall also point out that a new machine(if this is a real one) needs to be registered to update the software. Could someone confirm that this is the case ? Am I right in thinking that unless you go online and update, the m/c wont work ?

CW have told me in the past that it would be "currently" impossible for them to give tech support to the UK, so I assume that they wouldn't proceed with the registration, anyway.

As soon as someone confirms that this is the case, I'll email the bidder with my thoughts (and some facts!)

John

Julie Coffey
02-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Please spare my blushes Julie, but thanks everyone for the cautionary remarks.
I've sent a couple of questions to him, so I'll keep you posted.

John

Sorry Greybeard can't spare the blushes, in fact we were practically neighbors while I was over there- we were stationed at RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge, depending where you were in Norfolk we would take pilgrimages up the the McDonald's in Norwich. Back when a big mac attack could be a critical condition! Imagine driving 45 miles to go to Micky D's. (course it was 80 to Burger King and Wendy's) we had a Pizza Hut 30 miles away in Cholchester. Now they are probably everywhere over there.

And sorry yet again (I do that allot) your fans are quite exquisite

al2888dj
02-28-2007, 09:38 AM
there are about 7 cw on e-bay most are from here in the usa new and used ,keep the money here in the states

FINGERS
02-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Did they fall off a truck, tryed to get ser. # no reply

cajunpen
02-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Greybeard you are to be congratulated for your ethics. Unfortunately, human nature being what it is, some poor soul will "take the bait" and spend their hard earned money on the scam - even after you warn them.

Greybeard
02-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Well, I've warned the bidder, and sent my suspicions to ebay, so I just wait to see what happens.

John

The Bard
02-28-2007, 10:52 AM
heck, they'll do it BECAUSE you warned them... thinking you're trying to corner it or its a great deal and you need more time to get the money together...

bleh...

as a race, we're pretty dumb.

"A person is smart, people are stupid."

liquidguitars
02-28-2007, 01:14 PM
lets say- that the seller is for real, we all know about the power issue,
why not? I like to see GrayBeard working with one...:p

daveb
02-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Well, I've warned the bidder, and sent my suspicions to ebay, so I just wait to see what happens.

John

Greaybeard,

as a UK potential i have also been watching the ebay carvewright. decided not to bid as it looked dodgy and the seller did not answer questions. Cant wait for a UK model of this machine though

David
Woking
Surrey

Greybeard
03-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Welcome aboard David.
Now that we've doubled the demand for a UK machine, I guess that CW will have to take note of the hugely growing market in the UK. : )

Re ebay.
I had an auto reply from them, probably too late to have any effect, as I see it's now ended at £127. With the bidders being now made anonymous, I can't warn the "successful" bidder to take care.
I did get a mail from the first bidder that I'd warned, and he took the info I gave him seriously enough to stop bidding.
What I'm now doing is to use the various descriptions of the machine as a permanent search in ebay, so at least I should get early warning of one trying again.
If any one else spots one, please let me know.
Regards
John

daveb
03-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Welcome aboard David.
Now that we've doubled the demand for a UK machine, I guess that CW will have to take note of the hugely growing market in the UK. : )

emailed CW over a year ago and they told be they were not selling outside of Houston. Now its US wide we can but hope for a European dealership soon!

David