PDA

View Full Version : Wow

Skippy
02-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Got a return call from tech support yesterday just before i had to leave for a doctors appointment, they said they would send my cover switch immediatly but the speed sensor was still waiting for the Chinese New Year back-up. Have been waiting on these parts for over 2 weeks. In further conversation was told I could go ahead and by-pass the cover switch. Got back from the doctor (hurting bad) and made a bypass for the cover switch and put all back together. Ran test project, just a name sign (text only), and it ran 2" of the job before coming up with "possible board removal" error, tryed pressing ENTER 3 times to continue and came up with "Y axis stall error". At least I got 1" farther than I got before.

Took a walk to the mail box to cool off :mad: and Holy $hit there is my cover switch and speed sensor. I haven't replaced them yet as at this point I have the cover switch bypassed and the speed sensor doesn't seem to be an issue.

Board sensor reading shows 90 to 130 on the board I am using when I move the y truck back and forth. If I use a white melmine coated board it reads 140 to 160. I have pulled and cleaned the board sensor at the bottom of the y truck, checked the wires (all free).

Can anyone help?????

Flip

Yes that is my nickname that I have had since before I was born :D .

benluz
03-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Go ahead and install your parts the 90 -130 should be okay(that' where mine is ...the 170 is the max the unit is even abble to read but will do it if you put down aluminum foil tape, but reall no need and the 50 with your hans under is all wrong and they will probably remove that unless the get A more powerful sensor .Now except for dark woods then you may need a strip of masking tape were the board sensor measures the witdth.If if the machine starts acting wierd power it down and for at least 20 seconds just like you would if your computer locked up, you may want to try reflashing your card with firmware 1.117 ..1.119 will be out next week that may help you as well

The Bard
03-01-2007, 06:17 PM
over 90 is perfect for the new sensors. It can actually read most light boards even over 70.