PDA

View Full Version : carving dilemma

t-townwilson
09-05-2014, 10:33 PM
I want to carve the elephant head pictured below. I want it carved as a line drawing, rather than as a raised relief. I don't want it recessed or feathered. I just want to carve the lines. I tried to upload pictures of my failed attempts, but the attachment manager shows the mpc files as question marks :confused:. I'm not asking for anyone to do the work for me...I just want to know what to do :D. So far I have had what appears to be a floor feathered recess with an acceptable carve within the recess, a carve that appears to be on a circle that is level with the face of the board, but with recesses outside the circle, and a carving in which the outside elements are carved as recesses and portions of the elephant are raised within the carving.

If you can tell me how to do screen shots so I can show examples, I'd be grateful!

Thanks for your input :),

Ron

Denise
09-05-2014, 10:54 PM
use your image editor (gimp is good) and remove all color...basically you only need the outline of the image...much like a coloring book. the colors are read as depth and the adjusts accordingly. Once you have just the black and white outline, it should work for your needs

Denise
09-05-2014, 11:00 PM
I converted the image for you. See attached

Geomoo1
09-06-2014, 12:17 AM
"If you can tell me how to do screen shots so I can show examples, I'd be grateful!"

Ron, If you are using Windows 7 (I'm not sure about any others) there is a program that comes with it called "Snipping Tool" that you can snip pictures of what ever is displayed on your screen and save it as a JPEG, PNG, or GIF. I have it on my task bar so it is readily accessible. To find it simply click on the Start Icon and in the search window type "snipping tool" (with out the ""). It should be the first thing in the list that comes up. Right click on it and send it to your desktop. A short cut will be placed on the desktop and from there you can drag it to place where ever you want. Now you can capture a screen shot and save it in no time.

t-townwilson
09-06-2014, 05:07 AM
I should have included his in original post, but I am using Mac OS (Mavericks).

Denise
09-06-2014, 07:42 AM
Here is a sight of simple instructions for screenshots from different operating systems

http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Click on the Mac Tab

SteveNelson46
09-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Maybe this will help. I did a clipart trace in Corel Draw