PDA

View Full Version : Disapointed in Sears

Bolts & Chips
02-27-2007, 03:39 PM
I ordered a machine on the 21st of this month on there web site, they supposedly were in stock and I received a confirmation that it would arrive in 5-7 days. Today they cancelled my order. I called customer support to find out why, and was told they are out of stock and did not know when they would get any more in. I can't belive they did not put my order on backorder instead of just cancelling it. This does not sound right. I hope CW gets some in and starts selling them soon.

Jeff_Birt
02-27-2007, 03:52 PM
I don't know how they do things online but the folks at our little Sears here are super! I did call them once when I was about to buy my machine and they would not honor the sale price and terms, which I thought was strange. So, I just went and delt with the people here who are super!

CallNeg151
02-27-2007, 06:43 PM
I don't know how the pool machine pool works, but I walked into my local Sears store when the Sears website listed the machines as out of stock. I ordered a machine on Sunday afternoon, and picked it up Wednesday morning, exactly on the day they said it would arrive. I suspect that there is a pool for online orders and a pool for in-store delivery.

Also, if you're going to shell out the money for a tool that expensive, wouldn't you rather have the comission going to a local employee?

SpiffyDog
02-27-2007, 07:30 PM
I'd agree with going to the store rather than ordering online. I ordered mine through the local store and received it two weeks later, on the date they said it would arrive.

Gary
02-27-2007, 10:13 PM
I called around to all the sears stores within 150 miles and found one in stock.

Gary

forqnc
02-28-2007, 07:59 AM
Another vote for going to the store, after 2 weeks waiting for online to be in stock, I went to a store around here. Not only did I get one within a week, they also gave me the craftsman $200 club discount. :)

Bolts & Chips
02-28-2007, 08:21 AM
I was not looking for a debate on the pros and cons of buying on the internet.
My post concerned the fact that they chose to cancel my order after 6 days rather then give me the option of being on backorder or cancelling the order.

CallNeg151
02-28-2007, 12:11 PM
I was not looking for a debate on the pros and cons of buying on the internet.
My post concerned the fact that they chose to cancel my order after 6 days rather then give me the option of being on backorder or cancelling the order.

I know. Sorry I hijacked it. It sucks that Sears did that. It's poor customer service to not give you an option. I don't think you'll find anyone in disagreement with you on that point.

benluz
03-01-2007, 04:47 PM
I would go back in and ask to be put a waiting list or go to anothers sears if they don't want to accomadate you. I know the demand for this machine far exceeded expectations , so everybody is confused. But good ....good luck !

If I see any I will give you a yell !.

LZee
03-02-2007, 06:36 AM
"I would go back in and ask to be put a waiting list or go to anothers sears if they don't want to accomadate you. "

Oh, believe me---Sears would *love* to take your money upfront and backorder the CompuCarve---but they're actually doing you a favor.

Sears won't take your money and then put your paid-for product on an ill-defined, ever-changing "back-order" status. While this would be terrific for Sears----they'd get your money as an interest free loan!---you, the consumer probably don't want to short-term finance us at 2K a pop.

In this case, of course, we all know that the CompuCarve is difficult to get. The CarveWright folks can't tell you when they'll be in stock...which means they can't tell Sears when *Sears* will be in stock...which means that Sears can't tell *you* when you'll have your CompuCarve.

The internet sales probably got a shipment of 200 machines...and your order was the 201st....yikes!

As for the confirmatory email....I'm pretty sure think that's an auto-response upon placing an order, and you get that confirmation on anything you order---and it's mostly to let you know your order went through. Which stinks! Call 'em up and give 'em hell for the mis-leading auto-response!

If you're interested in ordering the CompuCarve, once again, I'll plug going to a regular bricks and motar store if it's at all possible. We seem to be having far fewer problems than the internet, our orders seem to be coming in on time, and oooo! That Craftsman Club discount ($1699.99!) runs through 3rd March!

Linda
Sears Tools

The Bard
03-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Sears gets a shipment weekly.

So every week they're "in stock" at some point.

benluz
03-02-2007, 09:08 AM
"I would go back in and ask to be put a waiting list or go to anothers sears if they don't want to accomadate you. "

Oh, believe me---Sears would *love* to take your money upfront and backorder the CompuCarve---but they're actually doing you a favor.

Sears won't take your money and then put your paid-for product on an ill-defined, ever-changing "back-order" status. While this would be terrific for Sears----they'd get your money as an interest free loan!---you, the consumer probably don't want to short-term finance us at 2K a pop.

In this case, of course, we all know that the CompuCarve is difficult to get. The CarveWright folks can't tell you when they'll be in stock...which means they can't tell Sears when *Sears* will be in stock...which means that Sears can't tell *you* when you'll have your CompuCarve.

The internet sales probably got a shipment of 200 machines...and your order was the 201st....yikes!

As for the confirmatory email....I'm pretty sure think that's an auto-response upon placing an order, and you get that confirmation on anything you order---and it's mostly to let you know your order went through. Which stinks! Call 'em up and give 'em hell for the mis-leading auto-response!

If you're interested in ordering the CompuCarve, once again, I'll plug going to a regular bricks and motar store if it's at all possible. We seem to be having far fewer problems than the internet, our orders seem to be coming in on time, and oooo! That Craftsman Club discount ($1699.99!) runs through 3rd March!

Linda
Sears Tools

oh...I figured it might just be a name list they would call when they get some
I agree I would not want them to take my money if they could not tell me when I would product would be in.I have ordered online from other companies and the item would be backordered , but they didn't charge me until it shipped, Thought how i would invision sers doing...well good luck hope they one.

dukecreek
03-31-2007, 06:59 AM
The people at the Sears Store are GREAT. I went to buy a machine and they did not have any. The salesman told me he would give me a call when he expecterd them. A week later, he told me that they were on sale through the "Crqaftsman Club" for $200.00 off. I went in on saturday, paid for a machine and it arrived the following thursday. DEAL WITH ALIVE PERSON, not a telemarketer

MarkJamesDesign
03-31-2007, 07:14 AM
I agree Duke. I was going to buy online due to the fact that sears has 20% off through march. I called my local store and the salesman spoke to his mgr and gave me the same discount that website said was for "online" only. Even mailed me the receipt in a hand addressed envelope from the salesman himself. Saved $389.00 off the $1899.00 list. Mine is due on Tues.

Vashon
03-31-2007, 07:58 AM
I pick up my new CC machine tomorrow. I ordered last weekend, online. Discount X2 got my lust up. Admittedly, this was quite the impulse purchase. I've been aware of the machine for 6 months or so, but it took an aggressive sale price to get me to jump in.

Obviously, there's a huge geek factor at play here, but the potential seems rather grande-sized too. If it's like most geek tools in my experience, it works about as well as the operator/nerd who feeds it.

I have much to learn to avoid GIGO, and really appreciate this forum. Thank you all.

Gman_Ind
03-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Local Sears not so good. I ordered my first machine on the craftsman club discount and waited 3 weeks for the machine, the second one I ordered it came in 2 weeks or less, the or less part is I was told I would be notified when it arrived for pickup. I was not called I decided to wait 2 weeks 1 day before I started calling them. I called with my order # no good so a rep had to go and look for my replacement machine with my name on it in the back. good news bad news I give them a C grade on customer service.