PDA

View Full Version : vectorart3d

Bill
02-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Hello,
I just received an email from (http://www.vectorclip3d.com/) and don't sound bad at all I am posting the contents for you to judge. Check it out you may like there offer.
Bill.

EDIT: At Bill's request I have corrected the link above. I think it seems like a great deal, BUT they don't offer their artwork in a .ptn format for use with Designer. Hopefully, somday, we will be able to import these standard formats...Jeff_Birt

Dear customers
After just one year of existence Vectorclip 3d is now capable of offering you an annual subscription. Our First year was full of all kinds of pleasant surprises. Since the creation of our site we always wanted to have annual subscriptions but we did not feel we had enough models so we delayed our plan.
Today we are proud to announce that we are now able to offer you an annual subscription. Buying an annual subscription has more advantages than buying each model individually.
Our annual price is only 250.00$ and as if this is not good enough, we will offer a special 50.00 launching reduction for our first week

YOUR FIRST SUBSCRIPTION WILL COST
ONLY 200.00$ (USD).
As of today our site has over 300 designs including our DISH and RECESS models that are now selling for 25.00$ each.

YOUR FIRST SUBSCRIPTION WILL COST
ONLY 200.00$ (USD)

We foresee adding around 100 new models including DISH and RECESS in the year to come. This would mean by the end of the year you would have more than 600 3D models at your fingertips at the low price of 250.00$

AT THAT TIME YOUR 3D MODELS WOULD COST ONLY 0.42$ EACH

We enjoyed the experience but selling a model at a time is a thing of the past for us. As of today we have reached another stage and we will be proud to have you among our subscribers.

PAYMENT

Since many customers are scared to pay with a credit card on the web, even if our system is secure we offer the possibility of paying by cheque, money order.

RESPECTFULLY

The Vectorclip 3D team

bobreda
02-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Bill,

Those are from two different places. If James were to offer that I would jump on it in a minute,

Bob

HandTurnedMaple
02-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Good point bob. I didn't get that email. I was starting to think VA just liked Bill better.

Bill
02-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Hello bobreda,
I was wonderind after I posted this and sent them an email
I am waiting for a reply. I see why now:( Perhaps I should remove this post)

HighTechOkie
02-27-2007, 04:54 PM
After hearing about this, I fired an email off to VectorArt3D asking for more info and link. Of course he replied with a very puzzled email lol.

I think Bill should provide us with a years worth of VectorArt3D clipart for the confussion. :D

Rob

JamesB
02-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Yes I was confused when I got an email asking when we were starting this service! As has now been discussed we are not currently planning to offer a subscription service at Vector Art 3D. We are going to continue to specialize in the highest quality and largest choice (and are in it for the long stretch). So we will continue as we are with developing new models from a variety of very skilled artists and trying to charge a fair price to allow the artist to benefit and want to keep making new models.

Hopefully the collections we are releasing help with customers wanting a lot for a lower price and we are working on a new web site which will make it easier to find what you want, make requests and also have a lot more technical info to help use the files.

Sincerely,
James Booth
Vector Art 3D

HerbO
02-27-2007, 07:07 PM
I wanted to check out the site and seen their free downloads.
Since they are not already PTN's what program would you use to convert them or view them to use in the CW. ArtCam?

HerbO

cajunpen
02-27-2007, 10:02 PM
HerbO, if you are talking about the VectorArt3d site - www.vectorart3d.com (http://www.vectorart3d.com/) - they do offer ALL of their models in the .ptn format. You simply download the, save them in the folder of your choice on your computer, then import it into the Designer software.

HerbO
02-27-2007, 10:22 PM
I was talking the about vectorclip3d. The one that the other Bill was talking about above in this thread. I starting to get them confused.
I downloaded one of their free ones and non off my programs will open them.

HerbO

Matty
02-27-2007, 10:42 PM
I download one of the free files Shape-7.rlf which is an Artcam file.

After exporting it from Artcam to use as a ptn file, I was not impressed with the results.
The 3d model has edging that is not smooth enough and would require clean up.
Here is the ptn file.

HerbO
02-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Thanks Matty
I thought I would check it out. The $200 would not be to bad for all of the patterns. Even with ArtCam they wouldn't work with out a alot of edge work.
Thanks Again!
HerbO

HighTechOkie
02-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Matty, please don't waste time by zipping a ptn file. It actually made the file larger by 10bytes lol.

Rob

Jon Jantz
02-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Rob, unless they changed it, you have to zip pattern files because you can't upload .ptn's to this forum...

Someone needs to ask the forum administrator to add .ptn to the allowed extensions because like you said, it doesn't save any space to zip them...

HighTechOkie
02-28-2007, 11:25 AM
My mistake, did realize that. Could change the extension just as easy and note that so when you save the file locally, just change the extension back.

Rob