PDA

View Full Version : simple rotate question (I hope)

Miahl71
08-25-2014, 02:00 PM
Trying to keep my questions to a minimum on here because I believe my questions have probably already been answered but I can't find this one.
So maybe someone can help.

Basically I am tracing the outline of a footprint jpeg in designer with spline tool. After that I would like to copy it over and over and change the angles of the footprints.
My problem is I can't change the angle of the footprint. Why can't I highlight the spline footprint and rotate it like a pattern?, am I missing something simple or do I have to draw each footprint individually at the angles I need which would not be worth it at that point.

Thanks
Jeremy

lynnfrwd
08-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Trying to keep my questions to a minimum on here because I believe my questions have probably already been answered but I can't find this one.
So maybe someone can help.

Basically I am tracing the outline of a footprint jpeg in designer with spline tool. After that I would like to copy it over and over and change the angles of the footprints.
My problem is I can't change the angle of the footprint. Why can't I highlight the spline footprint and rotate it like a pattern?, am I missing something simple or do I have to draw each footprint individually at the angles I need which would not be worth it at that point.

Thanks
Jeremy

Don't hesitate to ask away....

You cannot rotate vector drawing paths, but you can rotate patterns.

Trick: Give it a carve region, group and do MAKE PATTERN, then you can rotate as you like. After placed where you want, right click and select outline path and delete the pattern, now you have the vector, again.

Miahl71
08-25-2014, 02:05 PM
Thanks Lynn I will try that

Miahl71
08-25-2014, 02:10 PM
I carved region and grouped but when I went to use the MAKE PATTERN icon it was greyed out so I could not select why is this?
Thanks

Geomoo1
08-25-2014, 02:28 PM
After you group you have to select all before the make pattern icon is active.

Miahl71
08-25-2014, 02:52 PM
After you group you have to select all before the make pattern icon is active.

Great thanks to you both I knew it couldn't be too difficult.

cestout
08-26-2014, 06:32 PM
You need to select the group.
Clint