PDA

View Full Version : Improve board feeding

pqkenai
08-22-2014, 11:30 PM
I have found that the two guide plates that the board moves between are too low, & the board sometimes rides over them. Here is an easy fix: for the non-moveable one, grasp each end with a pair of pliers & bend it upwards slightly, so it rides higher up the side of the board. For the moveable one, remove it from the machine [undo the two screws on top of it at its centre & then slide it away from the keypad side till it gets past the side of the drive belts & then lift it upwards]. A tab is bent inward on each end of it, which slides along the machine chassis. Use the pliers to straighten it a bit, then replace the guide & it also will ride higher up the side of the board.

fwharris
08-22-2014, 11:51 PM
First time I have heard of the boards riding over the fixed and sliding plate. I think mine are about 1/4" above the board bottom.

Are you using rubber belts, checked to insure the X drive conveyor assemblies are installed correctly?

lynnfrwd
08-23-2014, 09:01 AM
This should not be happening and I wouldn't "try this at home".

Might want LHR engineer to look over these modification instructions.

dehrlich
08-23-2014, 09:18 AM
Never had this problem, think it may be a problem with this individuals machine? As suggested, I would make sure your X assemblies are installed correctly.