PDA

View Full Version : Question For Connie

ktjwilliams
08-20-2014, 08:54 AM
0 http://forum.carvewright.com/images/buttons/up_dis.png

Connie ,,, I have another question for ya .. As technology is changing,, will LHR consider increasing the number of computers we can have our software on ?? I know in my case, I have a computer in the house so I can do things when I'm not out in the shop .. I have a shop computer which I use to up load my projects, I store all my projects in " The Cloud " so it's easy for me to share my projects between the computers ... But this becomes a pain in the BUTT when I have to go and meet with a client ... I have to take apart and pack up one of the computers to take to the client so I can design a project with the input from the client .. I also have a Surface Pro that runs 3rd party software including CW software .. I would really like to just be able to take the Surface Pro and be able to design the project with the client and be able to send it to this Cloud Place ...

lynnfrwd
08-20-2014, 09:44 AM
0 http://forum.carvewright.com/images/buttons/up_dis.png

Connie ,,, I have another question for ya .. As technology is changing,, will LHR consider increasing the number of computers we can have our software on ?? I know in my case, I have a computer in the house so I can do things when I'm not out in the shop .. I have a shop computer which I use to up load my projects, I store all my projects in " The Cloud " so it's easy for me to share my projects between the computers ... But this becomes a pain in the BUTT when I have to go and meet with a client ... I have to take apart and pack up one of the computers to take to the client so I can design a project with the input from the client .. I also have a Surface Pro that runs 3rd party software including CW software .. I would really like to just be able to take the Surface Pro and be able to design the project with the client and be able to send it to this Cloud Place ...

You can add licenses to your Customer Account to accommodate more than 2 computers. Each license allows two computer installs. Are we going to freely give you more? No.

rjgreen761
08-20-2014, 09:55 AM
Do we get 2 installs per machine? If we have 2 Carvewrights can we install on 4 PCs?

CW-HAL9000
08-20-2014, 09:57 AM
Yes you get two installs per machine.

ktjwilliams
08-20-2014, 09:58 AM
I have two machines so at the very least I should be able to have designer on four computers !

lynnfrwd
08-20-2014, 10:00 AM
I have two machines so at the very least I should be able to have designer on four computers !

Once you register that second machine, you will have the Basic Designer software available for four computers.

ktjwilliams
08-20-2014, 10:02 AM
Well having designer is betta than nuttin

Bigtyme
08-20-2014, 10:32 AM
I am still a little confused. I have 2 registered machines, so does that mean I can have all of my purchased software (PE, 2.0, etc...) on 4 computers or all my software on 2 computers (as I do now) and only basic Designer on 2 additional computers??

CNC Carver
08-20-2014, 11:10 AM
I think "all my software on 2 computers (as I do now) and only basic Designer on 2 additional computers" is the correct answer. 2 basic designer license with each registered machine and 2 machines for each add-on software.

I am still a little confused. I have 2 registered machines, so does that mean I can have all of my purchased software (PE, 2.0, etc...) on 4 computers or all my software on 2 computers (as I do now) and only basic Designer on 2 additional computers??

Bigtyme
08-20-2014, 11:15 AM
That makes sense...just wanted to double check. Thx...

ktjwilliams
08-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Thx just got off the phone with Connie .. Only one of my two machines were showing up under my licenses. She straightened it out for me and I now have the 1.87 running on my Surface Pro.

lynnfrwd
08-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Every license allows for 2 computer installs.

Pattern Editor license = 2 computer installs
Designer 3.0 license = 2 computer installs
Centerline license = 2 computer installs
2 Centerline licenses = 4 computer installs

Every machine registered gives you a license for Basic.
So, 2 machines registered = 2 licenses of Basic = 4 computer installs.

Every registered computer must have Basic to be registered before you can use additional add-ons.

Example: 1 machine = 1 Basic license = 2 computer installs.
You cannot add 2 Designer 3.0 licenses without getting another Basic license

Bigtyme
08-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Good info, Connie...Thank you

cestout
08-20-2014, 02:14 PM
I guess I will have to go out a buy a couple more computers.
Clint

ktjwilliams
08-20-2014, 06:43 PM
LOL Clint !!!! If all you need is basic designer ....