PDA

View Full Version : verifying project

skeeterman
08-17-2014, 09:05 PM
i did a couple of carvings today , i had one project loaded on one card and another on different card, on one when i entered the project on menu it said verifying project then it counted down from 27 to around 21 before it started going thru the motions as normal, the other card did not do this, this is first time i have noticed this, is it something new?, it carved fine just never seen this before
Steve

fwharris
08-17-2014, 10:27 PM
I have seen this before. No clues..

SharonB
08-18-2014, 12:45 AM
Mine does it all the time now. I think since upgrading to 3.0....never seen it before that.

cestout
08-18-2014, 02:58 PM
I get it sometimes with 2.007.
Clint

lynnfrwd
08-18-2014, 05:19 PM
The countdown is on purpose to be a visual representation (or notice) that it is still working and not "hung-up". This is particularly important on Make Vector Group in such cases as you may have 500 or so vectors and that will take longer to perform it's duty. We didn't want you to think your program had stopped responding.

FWMiller
08-18-2014, 06:25 PM
This must be new and is a good idea. I got stumped the first time I loaded a design with a lot of centerline and it took a couple minutes to load. Before that all my designs loaded with no delay at all so I thought something was broken since the machine was mostly non responsive other than the stop . The count down would have saved me a lot of time troubleshooting a problem that didn't exist.

ktjwilliams
08-18-2014, 09:21 PM
I get it too once in a while .. It is a good idea now that I know what it's doin ...

RMarkey
08-19-2014, 09:20 AM
In some chip-carve cases, we have had hundreds of vectors, and just the initial test (the countdown) has taken 30 minutes or more. The test is just to verify the file is valid, and won't fail during a carve (from a bad command).

If there is a significant desire, I can add a way to abort the test.

skeeterman
08-19-2014, 02:26 PM
i was just curious, because i had never seen it before , thanks for info and explanation
steve