PDA

View Full Version : Dead spots in carvings...

poteetjr
02-26-2007, 11:16 PM
This is the second time I have had a problem carving projects. The first time there was a blank spot in the middle. This time in just stopped after about 60%. Has anyone else seen this or know what is causing it.?

edzbaker
02-27-2007, 07:15 AM
In most cases where the CW does wierd things, it's been found that loose wire connections are the culprit.

Greybeard
02-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Looking at the photo I see a small curve which I take to be the right hand side of the outer circle of the pattern. Below it the right hand end of the motto ribbon, then a gap of plain wood then the end of the wood.
It looks like the piece of wood is too short for the size that the pattern is scaled to.

It prompts me to think along the lines of - Was the size of the pattern as required ? How big is the wood compared with your required pattern ? Has the pattern been resized automatically ? Did you allow extra wood to keep it under the rollers ?
What was your instruction to the machine when it asked about keeping it under the rollers ?
Lots off questions along those lines may pin down the problem, but without some indication, it's difficult to make a useful guess.
I hope that can move you forward in solving the problem
Regards
John

poteetjr
02-28-2007, 12:57 AM
The small cure is where it started to cut out the object. I saw that the Item was half done and decided to see in the cut out was still correct... It was not. I built the pattern to scale using the actual demotion on the wood on the computer. I did not run the Item under to rollers due to the size. This is a 12 X 11 board.

mtylerfl
02-28-2007, 08:17 AM
Hello Poteetjr,

Could this have been caused by the board "binding" between the guide plates? (Might have shifted out-of-square in relation to the guides since the board was not running under rollers during the complete carve.)