PDA

View Full Version : Carving print in a carved region?!?!

prowling1
08-16-2014, 05:19 PM
Hi all, I am carving a sign that has a carved region. After the initial carve of the region the machine asked for a 60 degree bit, no issues yet I was expecting this for the outline carve of the sign. After putting the bit in the axis stalled and the project ended probably because I moved the chuck trying to get the 1/16 carve bit out as it was a little stuck(no the small retainer bolts did not back out this time). Now that the project stopped I am having issues trying to get the text to carve inside the carved region as I do not want to start the carve over from scratch and oak is not cheap anymore. The bit finds the boards surface and tries to carve the top of the board and not inside the carved region so none of the text shows up. Is there a way to turn off certain carvings areas so say I can tell the app to not carve the region but start at the text portion of the setup? Hope that makes sense...Ok enough rambling I will attach the sign.

Thanks!!

Dwayne
Carvewright version A
Designer Basic 1.187
Conform
Centerline Text

fwharris
08-16-2014, 07:40 PM
You will need to modify your original project by first deleting the carve region. Since the outline carve is on the board surface you will probably need to versions to carve the rest. First version with the outline and second with your text. When carving the outline let the machine find the surface like normal. Second carve with the text when the machine is doing the "find surface" press "stop" and select #3 option to jog. Use the arrow buttons to move the bit over the carved region area for finding the surface.

Load both up to the card and run one after the other without taking the board out of the machine.

I also notice that the "I" for pigs cuts into your outline so you should lower it some since you will be modding the project.

SteveNelson46
08-16-2014, 11:02 PM
I also notice that the "I" for pigs cuts into your outline so you should lower it some since you will be modding the project.

Floyd,

I noticed that also when I opened it in version 3. But, when I opened it in 1.187 it looked okay. Hmmm...

fwharris
08-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Floyd,

I noticed that also when I opened it in version 3. But, when I opened it in 1.187 it looked okay. Hmmm...

Steve,

Great observation! HMMMMM