PDA

View Full Version : My New Carve - Plus a question/issue

Proctorw
08-12-2014, 08:51 PM
My Ford Emblem fell off of my tailgate a while back. I decided to create a Florida State Spear. It worked great and looks great. The one issue I have is with the pattern. I have taken some screen shots and uploaded both the PTN file and the MPW in a zip. You will see some holes that are deeper than the rest of the pattern. In the pattern editor on the right side all of the depths are the same. when you look at it on the right side, you can see the holes (I circled them). I also uploaded a screen shot of the project. I tried to upload the project but it was too big. Feel free to use the spear pattern. If someone could explain the "Hole Issue" and what I need to do to correct it, I would appreciate it. It looks fine on my pickup, however I would like to make a nice plaque for my brothers at Christmas and I believe the holes would definitely show up on a plaque.

Thanks!

Canemaker
08-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Sorry, I can't load the ptn due to being not in 1.187 however, if you go into pattern editor and look under view and click on the "No Colorization" box you can probably see your problem and see that there is a difference in height. I had the same problem before. Hope this helps

John

fwharris
08-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Wayne,

Add a small amount of blur to your mpw. I think your holes are just do to the jagged edges. When I did the blur the edges smoothed out and the holes went away. Also I see 3 stray dots above the arrow. Zoom in on the right side panel (make sure you do the "highlight edit area")

Proctorw
08-13-2014, 07:45 AM
Canemaker, I had checked the height and everything was the same. I spent an hour making sure. Floyd's Blur suggestion fixed it. Didn't know that would do it. I will now refer to Floyd as the Yoda of Pattern Editor.

Wayne

fwharris
08-13-2014, 09:30 AM
Canemaker, I had checked the height and everything was the same. I spent an hour making sure. Floyd's Blur suggestion fixed it. Didn't know that would do it. I will now refer to Floyd as the Yoda of Pattern Editor.

Wayne

Glad that worked for you. My first thought was that there were some darker spots causing the holes. Not seeing any plus seeing some of the jagged edges and sharp corners I tried the blur. Just remember that most times you only need a small amount.

ktjwilliams
08-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Yoda Floyd !!!

Proctorw
08-13-2014, 10:46 AM
Glad that worked for you. My first thought was that there were some darker spots causing the holes. Not seeing any plus seeing some of the jagged edges and sharp corners I tried the blur. Just remember that most times you only need a small amount.

Yoda (Floyd), I only blurred it the minimum. I did blur the entire spear. I didn't think about just bluring the affected areas until after I saved it, but it seemed to work by blurring the entire spear. Thanks again Yoda!

Proctorw
08-13-2014, 10:52 AM
Here is a picture of the finished project on my truck.

dbemus
08-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Very clever. Looks great. You may get requests to make more. Special Edition Ford truck.