PDA

View Full Version : Designer 3 . I don't really see a big difference

edsingletary
08-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Doesn't seem to be much difference in 3 and 2. Maybe it's just me but many of the things listed as new were already in 2. Oh well, I got the latest. :)

lynnfrwd
08-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Not true. Vector v-carving. Ability to use existing or create new textures and patterns along a path. V-carving alone has been asked for, for years.

dltccf
08-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Pattern along a path and edit envelope are fantastic features.

edsingletary
08-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Ok, I guess I really need to get busy and explore the v carving. Sounds complicated and I'm not. Thanks lynnfrwd

cestout
08-08-2014, 12:41 PM
To make the vector carving really worth while you probably need DXF importer. So it will cost me $400 instead of $200 to upgrade, like it cost me an extra $200 to get the rotary Jig and software because I had to get STL importer for the best results. I am not complaining, just pointing out the hidden costs. But when I get that done I will have all the addons.
Clint

ktjwilliams
08-08-2014, 12:59 PM
On the topic of hidden cost you ain't lying. Like selling me 2.xx without a heads up that 3.0 is being released in 2 weeks ...

edsingletary
08-08-2014, 09:08 PM
I know, when I got my machine and did my first carve region and found out I couldn't do centerline text, it was an EXTRA. Seemed to me that should of really been a part of the software. And shucks, it's already there, just needs activation. Guess that's why I'm not a millionaire, I give to much away. Just saying, not complaining. Iam really satisfied with the machine itself. I keep that little puppy cleaned and lubed. So far so good.