PDA

View Full Version : Are you able to add fonts in designer

Loriblackdog
08-06-2014, 02:48 PM
I was understanding that the fonts come from what you have on windows? I have some additional fonts that I have added and would like to try on a project? Is there a way to do this? I would really appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks;)

dltccf
08-06-2014, 02:50 PM
I was understanding that the fonts come from what you have on windows? I have some additional fonts that I have added and would like to try on a project? Is there a way to do this? I would really appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks;)

If you installed them into windows, then you should be able to open up designer and click on existing text or create new text then just scroll through the font selector until you see the new fonts you added. They will be in alphabetic order.

dave

lynnfrwd
08-06-2014, 02:55 PM
You may need to log out of Designer and then back into it to see them.

The fonts should be in your Font Folder. They need to be TrueTypeFonts .tff.

Deolman
08-06-2014, 07:33 PM
To add fonts they need to be True Type Fonts or fonts with the name xxxx.ttf. Here is how to add them in Vista and windows 7:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/install-or-uninstall-fonts

One they have been added you should see them in designer. BTW, there have been several posts in the past about dingbats. Dingbats are fonts that are figures that will carve like fonts. There is a "Tips & Tricks" article in this regards.