PDA

View Full Version : The BARD Sir.

edzbaker
02-26-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm beting you can tell that I need help, by the salutation... So here's my problem. I'm unable to upload anything to the flash-card. it says the firmware is bad and then says the flash is damaged. It's not a computer problem, and some pic's of the errors are attached. I need a New CARD please. Let me know if it's possible for you to ship one. You already know the address...
Many Thanks for your help.

Kenny
04-14-2007, 04:32 PM
I received an error message today saying "Error writing to Flash device: Flash is damaged or cannot be written"

HELP!!!

Attached are the two messages.

CallNeg151
04-17-2007, 10:25 AM
I received an error message today saying "Error writing to Flash device: Flash is damaged or cannot be written"

HELP!!!

Attached are the two messages.

Couple of quick things:

1. Since you're pretty new to the board, need to check to see if the card/reader combination has worked before.

2. Also, that you are using the card reader, NOT a PCMIA port.

3. That your card reader is plugged directly into a USB port, not a hub (many folks have problems when using a hub).

4. Have you done the obvious and shutdown and re-boot (helps if the computer is just confused, or if the port has shut down due to power overload)?

4. Check than none of the pins are bent/missing in your reader, and that you don't have anything visibly stuck in the holes of your card.

5. If you have the software loaded on another machine, try to read it on another machine.

6. Can the card be read by your CW/CC?

7. Is the green LED illuminated on the reader? Does the Red one go on when you try to write to the card?

If all else fails, call CW.

Good luck!

Kenny
04-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Couple of quick things:

1. Since you're pretty new to the board, need to check to see if the card/reader combination has worked before.

2. Also, that you are using the card reader, NOT a PCMIA port.

Yes.

3. That your card reader is plugged directly into a USB port, not a hub (many folks have problems when using a hub).

Yes.

4. Have you done the obvious and shutdown and re-boot (helps if the computer is just confused, or if the port has shut down due to power overload)?

Yes, many times.

4. Check than none of the pins are bent/missing in your reader, and that you don't have anything visibly stuck in the holes of your card.

Yes, used "canned" air to blow out possible dust (after it stopped working)

5. If you have the software loaded on another machine, try to read it on another machine.

Yes, no luck.

6. Can the card be read by your CW/CC?

No. Says their are no projects on the card.

7. Is the green LED illuminated on the reader? Does the Red one go on when you try to write to the card?

Yes, there is a green light and no their is no red light.

If all else fails, call CW.

Good luck!

I have tried all the above (see inserted replies in the above list). I've called CW, left messages, emailed them, as well as made this post. No response yet!

I love their machine, their support is a little slow, I realize that they are over loaded with the success of this produce. I'm sure that other businesses wish they had their problem with their product being in such great demand, but customer service should be a major concern. I fell that current owners are their best salespersons.

Their accessories are alwats out fo stock, a recent price increase in those accessories, etc. thens to put off customers.

That was my rant, sorry and thanks.

Still need assistance with Flash Device errors.

Kenny

Charles M
04-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Kenny,

I don't have anything to add to your quest for help. But I did call CW this morning at 9:30 CDT and got a human on the phone first try. Yesterday I called at 9:00 and left them a toll free number but they were unable to reach me so they emailed at 11:00 to tell me. Point is that the service seems to me to be improving rapidly.

Kenny
04-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Just a quick note. I received a phone call from CW/Software Support, they will be sending me a new Flash Device, under warrenty, but it will be between one and two weeks.

But I have been helped, if it is possible to help me.

Thanks for your input.

Kenny

CallNeg151
04-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Just a quick note. I received a phone call from CW/Software Support, they will be sending me a new Flash Device, under warrenty, but it will be between one and two weeks.

But I have been helped, if it is possible to help me.

Thanks for your input.

Kenny

Sorry that your parts will be on the slow boat from China on their way to you, but at least you can be fairly sure it will fix your problem. Hopefully they'll arrive sooner rather than later.

Kenny
04-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks for your concern. I'm sure once CW gets their feet under themselves and caught up all will be fine.

That is what happens when you have a product in high demand.

Kenny