PDA

View Full Version : rectangle size not to spec...

Marzluf
02-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Question......

When designing a piece, I have a channel that is 3/4" wide by .425 deep. Now, while the depth carves fine, the width of the channel is wider than 3/4".

Does the designer not account for bit diameter ? I haven't measured the actual width yet to see if it's off by exactly 1/8" (half the bit diameter X2) but thought I'd ask.

If so.... I'm assuming that reducing the width in the designer by 1 bit diameter will correct the issue and carve a channel that's actually 3/4" wide ??

liquidguitars
02-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Some of my test shows the cutting bit runs centered on the line.
so you shoud remove 1/8 from the od. have not used the detail bits
yet due to the back order.

In the old version of the software, you could change the offsets of the cutter something i could use now ASAP.

Liq

BoardSilly
02-26-2007, 12:06 PM
You can outline your cutout and then tell it to cut on the outside edge. That will give you the inlay at the correct size.

forqnc
02-26-2007, 12:20 PM
You can outline your cutout and then tell it to cut on the outside edge. That will give you the inlay at the correct size.

That is only available with the "Cut Path" selected, where you can "Flip cut'. I don't think it's available when routing. I may be wrong.

BoardSilly
02-26-2007, 12:30 PM
I never had a problem admitting when I was wrong... my wife made sure of that! <laugh>