PDA

View Full Version : small, quick, and cheap, but impressive projects...

karossii
07-19-2014, 02:45 PM
I'm trying to figure out a few ideas for some small, quick, and cheap (but impressive) projects to carve and sell for $3 or $4 each (or even give away)...

So far my ideas are small name plaques (3-5"), miniature wooden sword letter openers, or small refrigerator magnets. any other ideas or suggestions?

These will be used to spread the word about me having a new carving business, and to show off some of what I can do - in hopes of generating sales.

aokweld101
07-19-2014, 03:24 PM
Here is something you might want to do I think the tops would be a good give away item it is in the pattern depot for sale.

bergerud
07-19-2014, 03:39 PM
I always thought that the Rattleback was a great quick and cheap project. You can use small pieces of exotic wood and/or you can put anything you want on the top surface.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?23199-Rattleback&p=203390#post203390

cestout
07-19-2014, 03:44 PM
There is an apple boxas tips and tricks from way back (but I use a counter sunk screw instead of a rolled pin) and the shell box I posted here long ago. I knopw the shell bax can be found because that is what AskBud used in his demo of searching for patterns and projects. I always use the shell box for my home sales demos because it is 2 sided simple and quick.
Clint

ktjwilliams
08-18-2014, 10:14 PM
Those Rattlebacks are interesting ... And yes I can explain there strange behavior but I won't ... LOL ..

cnsranch
08-19-2014, 08:25 AM
These Christmas Ornaments are great giveaways........
and sell for around $5 each.

want2b
08-24-2014, 05:37 PM
Really appreciate the ornaments, will be sharing with my family this year. Really something basic but will provide something they can remember every year.
Thx again,
Rick H