PDA

View Full Version : Z axis stall E06-0324

Mikewiz
07-18-2014, 05:19 AM
0 http://forum.carvewright.com/images/buttons/up_dis.png

I got a Z axis stall err E06-0324 yesterday during a carve. Today I took the machine apart checked for loose connections and continuity on the FFC cable and z motor wire. All good The only connection that was loose was the board sensor connector on the back of the zmotor. Put it all back together and the machine would now home but got check board sensor when trying to measure. Put a new board sensor in and checked the wires for continuity and now getting the z stall again. Could the board sensor have anything to do with a zaxis stall. Also with the machine on I have resistance moving the truck up and down, Didn't have it last night when the problem first started. z sensor check reads zero when moving truck. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

bergerud
07-18-2014, 09:49 AM
We need a touch by touch description of the z stall.

Check for the "drilled hole" in the touch point at the brass roller. Older machines can drill a hole there after many touches and then the bit passes through. This causes a stall later at the sliding plate.

Digitalwoodshop
07-18-2014, 10:29 AM
I see you joined in 2007 so does this machine have the A907 upgrade from the Early 2007 18 pin FFC Cable to the Late 2007 14 pin thicker wire cable?

See Pictures... This sounds like a broken wire inside the FFC Cable making and breaking as the cable moves.

You may need the A907 kit... 2 circuit boards and a new cable.

AL

cestout
07-18-2014, 02:08 PM
You will get resistance on the Y and Z trucks if the power is on. If you get a Z failure, see ifthe the truck moves or is there something impeding it. There could be junk between the belt and the sprocket, or stuck roller.
Clint

Mikewiz
07-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Hey AL I have the A907 Upgrade. Bergerud once I select the project that I want to carve it says Z axis stall press stop. I cant get past that screen and the machine does nothing. Clint the truck moves up and down and side to side with the normal resistance with the machine on. What gets me is that after troubleshooting the machine worked except I started getting clean Board sensor. I change with a new sensor and the z axis stall returned. I'll try installing the old sensor and see If the z stall goes away. but its dirty inside and is one of the sealed ones.

lynnfrwd
07-18-2014, 04:36 PM
Are you running 2.007?

Mikewiz
07-18-2014, 05:02 PM
No Connie I'm running 2.006. But I think AL hit the nail on the head. I replaced the board sensor with the one that was there at first with no change. But If the truck is near the keypad side I get the stall right away, but if I move it to the other side it homes and when it moves to keypad side it stalls. I looked at the FCC cable and the top of the wire on the back of the truck the ribbon is torn right where the cover for the board to the truck. I'll order a new FCC cable and pray to god that fixes it. Thanks for everyone's help. Will update when I get New cable.

Digitalwoodshop
07-18-2014, 06:34 PM
No Connie I'm running 2.006. But I think AL hit the nail on the head. I replaced the board sensor with the one that was there at first with no change. But If the truck is near the keypad side I get the stall right away, but if I move it to the other side it homes and when it moves to keypad side it stalls. I looked at the FCC cable and the top of the wire on the back of the truck the ribbon is torn right where the cover for the board to the truck. I'll order a new FCC cable and pray to god that fixes it. Thanks for everyone's help. Will update when I get New cable.

Good job finding what we believe is the problem, the FFC Cable. I always look at the join date when dealing with the FFC Cable due to the possibility of a machine being in storage for a long time and did not get the A907. If you install a new 14 pin cable with the wider spades in a old 18 pin thinner spade socket, it shorts some of the pins together and you get to buy a new Computer.... LHR will look at your file when you order but I mention it just in case.... Saving over $300.00 is always good....

AL

Mikewiz
07-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Update, It was the FFC cable. I'm up and running on my second 30 Min carve. The FFC cable also was the cause for check board sensor. I have the sensor that was in when it all started and it's fine. I hope this helps someone in the future. Thanks to all that helped. Thank god for this forum I think its the best asset If you own this machine.