PDA

View Full Version : Concise checklist for a new unit?

mosaic
02-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Hello:
Can any of the experienced users or CW folks publish a concise list of what to watch out for on a new unit? There is a wealth of info in the fora..but the prob is u can't search for things u don't know about..no vocabulary yet u c.
i notice issues with the flex shaft temp and cover screws being tight. I am sure there are a lot of other issues as well

BobHill
02-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Mosaic,

The manual probably gives you the best check list for performing normal functions on the CarveWright. All else are corrections that might well cause a problem, but since each is specific to a fault, it's really not something one can or would wish to do for a daily check. The best way after following normal operation directions is to do the age old "walk around" like an aircraft pilot does. Once you do that a number of times you see what is "usual" and then if something no longer looks "usual" it's time to investigate. The cable is one of the Normal things to check (for heavy heat), but don't get too anxious to over lube it, as that caused more problems then other than the real untouchable heat from lack of lubrication. Check your belts for fold over, but the sensors will quickly tell you when that's becoming a problem. As most have found out, the sensors are truly sensitive and tell you in a hurry when something needs attention. One of the common things often told is to keep the machine "clean", but when the machine is running really well, outside of keeping the stuff off the sensor mirrors and devices, I've gone from one job immediately to another and it works just fine, as LHR also does all the time, themselves.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida