PDA

View Full Version : Pattern 101 for new guy….

AlBCuttnWud
07-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Trying to get started with my first project, thinking something simple. So I get what I think is finished and ready to upload to the card and I get the "hey you, it's not licensed" window.

Are the patterns in the pattern sharing section solely for playing with the software or can they actually be carved?

I am sure the answer will lead to more questions…if there is already a post on this please advise. Thanks for the help.

SteveNelson46
07-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Trying to get started with my first project, thinking something simple. So I get what I think is finished and ready to upload to the card and I get the "hey you, it's not licensed" window.

Are the patterns in the pattern sharing section solely for playing with the software or can they actually be carved?

I am sure the answer will lead to more questions…if there is already a post on this please advise. Thanks for the help.

You should be able to upload any pattern that does not have the pattern protection applied by Carvewright. Most of the patterns in the pattern sharing section of the forum should be okay but, once in a while someone shares an MPC that contains a pattern that was purchased or downloaded as a trial from the Pattern Depot. Those patterns require a license.

cnsranch
07-14-2014, 10:20 AM
The patterns you can't carve are the ones that show up with a red border around them after they're placed into your MPC.

Remember that any pattern you download can't be altered by anyone but the creator - they must be carved exactly (except for re-sizing/rotating) the entire pattern) the way they were made.

Digitalwoodshop
07-14-2014, 12:10 PM
A little off topic but be aware that patterns sold on eBay are many of the same FREE patterns you can find here... Nuff Said.... Like selling "Fresh Air"...

cestout
07-14-2014, 06:02 PM
If you have the Pattern Editor and you double click a pattern the you did not create you will get that message.
Clint