PDA

View Full Version : Hopming Sensor

Jane
02-26-2007, 07:07 AM
Is it possible for the homing sensor to go bad more then once? I have
replaced this part once about 2 months ago and now it is acting up again.
I get 0s when running the tests with my hand and with board in place.

Skyhawk
02-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Jane, while sensors do go bad, it would be uncommon for two to go bad in that amount of time...unless you have some kind of static problem...My guess would be dust clouding the 'eye' especially if you carve MDF or another wood that creates a real fine dust...

Did you try to clean it yet? I would try a clean cotton cloth first, if that doesn't work try a q-tip with alcohol (denatured works best)...

Jeff_Birt
02-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Are you talking about the board edge sensor?

Jane
02-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Yes ive cleaned it with air and alcohol wipe. Still getting edge detection error and if that works then i get clean sensor.

The Bard
02-26-2007, 01:28 PM
That is the board sensor, not the home sensor. I wish they'd take that stupid hand test out of the manual... it literally tells you nothing. we've found if you run the machine under 50 degrees it'll mess up the board sensor temporarily. Otherwise, its either dirty or the wires might have gotten kinked somehow.

Jeff_Birt
02-26-2007, 01:28 PM
You may have to remove the sensor to clean it. Have you checked the reading you get in the sensor check menu?

Jane
02-26-2007, 02:44 PM
yes im sorry i meant board senser...getting a little frazzled here.
anyhow the highest it goes with a board under it is 50.

ausomm
02-26-2007, 09:15 PM
So the homing sensor is where?

Jeff_Birt
02-26-2007, 11:00 PM
The home sensor is the black slotted thing on the head. These things ARE denoted in the manual.

The Bard
02-27-2007, 12:14 AM
and please, if anyone has trouble with the home sensor, do NOT take the trucks apart.

FdxGuy
02-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Ahhhh shucks... I was just in the middle of getting a hammer to knock out the 4 truck screws I just stripped.

Actually, my home sensor rammed itself into the Y flag and the inner sensor bent right into the outer one. Then the truck went up and down a few times and presto... no more inner home sensor, it's now laying on the board below. So I didn't even have to take the truck apart to get it out!
Of course, I am thrilled to be liberated of my home sensor. Be gone you vile thing!

;-)

and please, if anyone has trouble with the home sensor, do NOT take the trucks apart.

The Bard
02-28-2007, 10:16 PM
*Ebil home sensors*

forqnc
03-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Ahhhh shucks... I was just in the middle of getting a hammer to knock out the 4 truck screws I just stripped.

Actually, my home sensor rammed itself into the Y flag and the inner sensor bent right into the outer one. Then the truck went up and down a few times and presto... no more inner home sensor, it's now laying on the board below.

;-)

Any chance you could post a pic of the homing sensor screw?

FdxGuy
03-01-2007, 07:13 AM
Sure! I am running out the door right now. But Will take a picture and put it up early this evening. It's not likely to be a very interesting picture though.

forqnc
03-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Sure! I am running out the door right now. But Will take a picture and put it up early this evening. It's not likely to be a very interesting picture though.

For me it will be an Awesome picture right now :) (see thread below) Thank you
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2606

FdxGuy
03-01-2007, 08:44 PM
For me it will be an Awesome picture right now :) (see thread below) Thank you
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2606

Turns out it is a Henry screw... Phillip's twin brother....:rolleyes:

forqnc
03-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Turns out it is a Henry screw... Phillip's twin brother....:rolleyes:

Don't you mean Andrew, since Phillips son is Henry :)
Thanks for taking the time to post the picture, helps me a lot.