PDA

View Full Version : Good things happen...

dehrlich
07-10-2014, 06:56 AM
Just thought I would post this because it's kind of amazing. I was contacted a few months ago by a gentleman that said he had an older CW that he didn't use, wondered if I would want it. I said sure. He is from California and was coming to my area on vacation.

I had kind of forgotten... then he called yesterday, said he was coming through. Long story shorter he stopped at my house with an A machine that looked hardly used. After talking with him, I could tell the only problem is that he hadn't understood how to use the software properly to make the machine do what he wanted. He GAVE me this machine just to get it out of his way! Why me? Guess just because I live in the area where they were going to a family reunion. God is GOOD!! Yes it's an A machine, but it's full of good parts that can be used on my current machine, or my NEW CX Machine due here Today! Suddenly i'm going to be over-run with CW machines LOL.

Just thought I would share. God is Love!

CNC Carver
07-10-2014, 07:11 AM
Good things happen to good people! :) Hope you share the Love with the things you will make from your machines.

Jeff

SteveEJ
07-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Amen.. All the time! Congrats!

Digitalwoodshop
07-10-2014, 08:11 AM
A fleet of machines is a "Good Thing".....

Great News,

AL

dehrlich
07-10-2014, 11:46 AM
I powered it up this morning, has less than 7 hours on it! Tab is broken where one of the outfeed plates bolts on to the machine but that's a small matter. Wonder how many other machines there are like this out there that someone bought, didn't understand it and it's just sitting on a shelf gathering dust. Sad really, it can do such wonderful things in the hands of craftsman like those on this forum. Thanks for all the kinds words!

CW-HAL9000
07-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Congratulations on your good fortune. Actually there are many out there collecting dust or even some that were discarded! I have picked up a few over the years, never for free but as low as $300.