PDA

View Full Version : Erwin Protucts Dust Collection Kit - BUY THIS PRODUCT WITH CONFIDENCE

dondespain
07-09-2014, 12:33 PM
“GREAT PRODUCT, GREAT SERVICE, GREAT PEOPLE! What more could anyone expect. From the moment I ordered this product I have had a positive experience. Erwin quickly shipped and followed up throughout the transaction. The instructions are so well presented and accurate, installation went perfect. Erwin personally responded and helped me get the most efficient dust collection and even gave me several great tips on the CarveWright as I am a new owner of an odl “A” machine. The collector looks as though it came with the machine, and it REALLY Works! Erwin’s service after the sale exceeded expectations. Don’t hesitate to buy this product, it is a “must have”. and you will not regret doing business with Erwin Products.

You can find this product on the CarveWright Site under 3rd Party Vendors.

Don DeSpain, Artisan Wood Designs, Rogers Arkansas

mcQ
07-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Thanks for your purchase of my DUST DEVIL and the great review!!
Happy Dust Free carving.

cestout
07-09-2014, 03:51 PM
I have 2 of them.
Clint

Digitalwoodshop
07-09-2014, 07:28 PM
What would be interesting is to couple this collector or the Ringneck version with the New Dust Shoe collector one of our Master Designers is working on... The Shoe that does not require a change in the Bit Plate.

AL

fwharris
07-09-2014, 11:00 PM
What would be interesting is to couple this collector or the Ringneck version with the New Dust Shoe collector one of our Master Designers is working on... The Shoe that does not require a change in the Bit Plate.

AL

On my want/need to do list to see if/how it can be done.

zan29
07-10-2014, 06:18 AM
I bought one also and since then my machine has been working like a charm. Works very well!

Miahl71
07-10-2014, 08:55 AM
I also purchased one of these to go with my new machine. I have not installed it yet however. I know you have to modify the Carvewright machine a little in order to install it.
Does this affect the warranty of the Carvewright machine?

Miah

tcough3475
07-10-2014, 10:07 AM
I believe I read somewhere before that modifying the cover does not affect the warranty. Would be good if a staff member chimes in.

CNC Carver
07-10-2014, 10:12 AM
I also remember you can modify cover. Would rather have DC than not as it saves on dust related issues.

lynnfrwd
07-10-2014, 10:19 AM
You can follow the instructions and modify the clear cover without it voiding your machine warranty. Now, if you totally botch the cutting of your cover, we will not replace it under warranty as that was a user caused issue.

bergerud
07-10-2014, 10:24 AM
What about the safety issue? Can LHR send out a repaired machine with, for example, a cut cover and no DC to fill the hole? Should one make sure the machine is "safe" before sending it in for repair?

Digitalwoodshop
07-10-2014, 10:33 AM
In 2007 I sent my machine in for a Warranty Repair, before I learned the Machine and I had my cover cut for my black collector, one of the first such collectors. LHR called me and gave me the option to pay for a replacement cover or send it back like it was sent in... I had them send it back the same. Since the slot for the cover is not that big, I did not see it as a safety issue. But much has changed since 2007.

AL

lynnfrwd
07-10-2014, 10:34 AM
We repair and upgrade machines all of time that have the cover modified for inserts. I, personally, suggest to every prospective or new user to add an insert.

CNC Carver
07-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Can we get this from a representative of LHR that can confirm and guarantee? As Joe Lovchik considers comments from Connie as "not confirmed or guaranteed by LHR."

mtylerfl
07-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Can we get this from a representative of LHR that can confirm and guarantee? As Joe Lovchik considers comments from Connie as "not confirmed or guaranteed by LHR."

Connie has the authority to confirm that, I'm sure. Cut the cover in warranty or not...makes no difference, for heaven's sake.

CNC Carver
07-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Michael,

I think you missed my point. Why would Connie have authority to confirm this but according to Joe not when she said free version of software would be one behind current. Just a little frustrated at the fact she is considered representative or not based on what the company decides later. I believe she is a representative and supports LHR far beyond a normal employee. I'm not bashing Connie at all! She works very hard and get us (forum members) answers that we need. I just wish LHR would stand behind the answers she provides.

Jeff

Connie has the authority to confirm that, I'm sure. Cut the cover in warranty or not...makes no difference, for heaven's sake.

mcQ
07-11-2014, 09:23 AM
It seems that this has totally gotten off topic, CarveWright has stated in the past that simply cutting the clear cover for a dust collector accessory won't void the warranty.
Installing the DUST DEVIL requires just a simple single straight cut on the clear cover. The main molded body of the DUST DEVIL is intended to mounted permanently and when
installed per the instructions the clear cover will fit against the DUST DEVIL perfectly leaving no gaps so safety is not an issue.
You will find that keeping the dust out of the machine will eliminate many maintenance issues and should help extend the life of the machine.

bergerud
07-11-2014, 10:14 AM
We know that cutting the cover is ok for the warranty. It used to be that LHR could not return an unsafe machine with a cut cover. My question was if this was still the case. Can a machine be sent in with the DC removed or would the DC have to be with the machine to plug the unsafe hole? It is a liability question.

fwharris
07-11-2014, 12:20 PM
We know that cutting the cover is ok for the warranty. It used to be that LHR could not return an unsafe machine with a cut cover. My question was if this was still the case. Can a machine be sent in with the DC removed or would the DC have to be with the machine to plug the unsafe hole? It is a liability question.

I believe that as long as the customer states that they do not want a new cover installed the machine will be returned as it was sent in. LHR used to automatically install a new cover but that is not the case any more.

Miahl71
07-13-2014, 09:49 AM
Just finished installing and it went really smooth, easy to follow instructions only took about 20 minutes.